I love my new Pearl 8130, but I got a 2 gig memory stick today, and although it says it is inserted when I put it in, I can't find how to format it!

I'm sure I'm being ridiculously dumb about this, but please help me?

Thanks

(My first Blackberry...what the heck did I wait so long for?)
    05-12-09 08:21 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! To format the media card go to options>media card>menu>format card.
    05-12-09 08:23 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! To format the media card go to options>media card>menu>format card.

I swear I looked there 10 times, but seeing it as you wrote it brought me there perfectly.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
    05-12-09 08:30 PM
    Anytime glad I could help...
    05-12-09 08:35 PM
    Well, when I take a pic it says File System Full. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

grrrrrr
    05-12-09 08:38 PM
    When you go to camera>options>store pictures: On Media Card?
    05-12-09 08:40 PM
    When you go to camera>options>store pictures: On Media Card?
    ok, I know it probably seems silly and stupid to you, but you have completely made my night

I did what you just said and changed it to Media Card, took a quick pic, and it works perfectly. I SO appreciate you. Thank you.
    05-12-09 08:43 PM
    No it doesn't seem either silly or stupid to me. Once again that's what we are here for on crackberry, to help each other out. It is a great community. If you need any help anytime seriously pm me. That is after you have 10 posts...
    05-12-09 08:46 PM
    No it doesn't seem either silly or stupid to me. Once again that's what we are here for on crackberry, to help each other out. It is a great community. If you need any help anytime seriously pm me. That is after you have 10 posts...
    Ok, you are my new crackberry guru!!
    05-12-09 08:49 PM
    No problemo. I will tell you if you haven't already done so take a peek at the 101 lecture series that's in my signature. There is a ton of useful info found there. It is worth it...
    05-12-09 08:52 PM
    No problemo. I will tell you if you haven't already done so take a peek at the 101 lecture series that's in my signature. There is a ton of useful info found there. It is worth it...
    Going right now....
    05-12-09 08:55 PM
    welcome to crackberry! be sure to check out mwdb4au's link to memory optimization as well. as a pearl owner, that thread is priceless!
    05-12-09 08:57 PM
    welcome to crackberry! be sure to check out mwdb4au's link to memory optimization as well. as a pearl owner, that thread is priceless!
    Great point redsoxrocker it is a great link. Reed has that down to a science. Hey aries also make sure if you have pics, ringtones etc. that you have saved to your device memory that you move them to your media card.
    05-12-09 09:00 PM
    Thanks..I've had it since Friday night and am addicted already. The more I learn, the more I love.
    05-12-09 09:07 PM
    Great point redsoxrocker it is a great link. Reed has that down to a science. Hey aries also make sure if you have pics, ringtones etc. that you have saved to your device memory that you move them to your media card.
    No ringtones, and the only pic I have saved is the one I got from here for free for my wallapaper.
    05-12-09 09:08 PM
    Welcome to the end of life as you used to know it. You are now addicted!

I also have the 8130, this site is amazing. I read all the forums I can, and have learned a LOT about a lot of the blackberry phones... Although I gotta admit I'm kinda lost on the newer ones (niagra, tour, onyx, etc)

Don't be afraid to ask "silly" questions cuz that's the only way you learn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 09:34 PM
    Welcome to the end of life as you used to know it. You are now addicted!

I also have the 8130, this site is amazing. I read all the forums I can, and have learned a LOT about a lot of the blackberry phones... Although I gotta admit I'm kinda lost on the newer ones (niagra, tour, onyx, etc)

Don't be afraid to ask "silly" questions cuz that's the only way you learn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I see your avatar...I'll have to put my pretty red one up.

I just learned on here that I can hold down the # key to make it go to vibrate. Love it!
    05-12-09 09:39 PM
    haha i didn't know that! i learn something new everyday
    05-12-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD