I've read similar questions/answers, but haven't been able to find any that are applicable for my specific arrangement. I have a new Pearl, use Sprint and gmail. I have two questions:

(1) How do I stop each email that I send from gmail from showing up on my Blackberry as a new e-mail?

(2) How do I remove the "Sent from my BlackBerry..." signature tag?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    01-29-08 10:09 AM
    Hi b78,

1. Create a filter in Gmail so that emails with <[email protected]> as the sender are not forwarded to your device.

2. FROM THE BB: Inbox>Options>Email Settings
    01-29-08 10:15 AM
    pashan,

Thanks for your reply. I know this is annoying, but could you please be a bit more specific? I'm very new at all of this!

THANK YOU.
    01-29-08 10:22 AM
    more specifically...

1. I don't know how to specify my blackberry when setting up the gmail filter; and

2. The email settings on my Blackberry only include three options: confirm delivery, confirm read and send read receipts.
    01-29-08 10:32 AM
    Actually b78, you want to log into Sprint's BIS server (https://www.sprint.blackberry.com) *from a desktop PC*.

**To Edit/Remove Your Signature
    -Find your Gmail account listing and click on "Edit".
    -Edit or remove the signature field that says "sent from my blackberry device" and click the save button.

**To Prevent Sent Gmail Messages From Being Pushed to Your BB
    -Back at your BIS home screen, click on "Filter" in your Gmail listing.
    -Click on the "Add filter" button.
    -Click on the "Apply Filter When" dropdown and select "From" field.
    -Type your Gmail address in the "Contains" field.
    -Select "Do not Forward messages to device" and click the save button.
    This allows BIS to filter your email so when it receives a message from you it doesn't push it to your bb. The downside is if you actually email yourself reminders/attachments, it won't get pushed.

Anyway, there seems to be multitude of posts from folks who seem to be giving (I assume) outdated advice. Pashan's using a 7130e which (again, I assume) is a little different from the 8130 and 4.3 OS. My point is that outdated advice just gives misdirection and makes searching for the correct advice that much harder.
    Last edited by daver42; 01-29-08 at 11:01 AM.
    01-29-08 10:48 AM
    Daver - That completely worked. Thank you so much for the clear instructions.
    01-29-08 11:12 AM
    Nope - Pashan is running a Verizon 8130 Pearl v4.3.0.81.

Sorry I wasn't clearer in my advice, but it wasn't outdated, just unclear!! I walked through the steps on MY device as I typed them. I suppose Sprint could have different settings. I will take that into account next time.

Glad you got things fixed!!
    ~P
    01-29-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD