Okay so I decided to unlock the Vender Themes in my 8130 Pearl....

Went thru the deletion process, and removed the vendor.xml file. because I have the Sprint software on my verizon Pearl.

I reconnected the device, and it update itself, now I have the option icons, one for change wallpaper, the other for change date/time, then the other for options(normal one). never seen these before. why did all this change to this??? other vender's. but the default theme is Verizon on the phone now, no other currently loaded.

Anytime I select a icon the phone crashes with a white screen and error then reboots.

So do I just re- install the verizon software and it will replace the blackberry.alx file where I deleted the vender files from... I think that is what the problem.. Not sure if it will fix it...
    12-30-07 06:26 PM
    Sounds like perhaps you deleted one too many files and it messed up your OS.

You "Went thru the deletion process"...what did you delete other than the vendor.xml?
    12-30-07 06:39 PM
    deleting the vendor ID's as per the thread on unlocking vendor themes....

No I just did a wipe handheld and it rebooted now the theme that started up is all white with red icon, maybe one of the vendor themes but it's running real slow and keeps crashing, when the phone is on Idle it crashes to a white screen and says app error 523, I am in the process of installing the verizon OS. will that replace the black berry alx file?
    12-30-07 06:43 PM
    If it were me (and the Sprint OS was working fine before this), I would uninstall the Sprint OS from my PC, re-install it on my PC (to replace any messed up files) and then install the OS on my device.

Not sure which thread you followed to unlock the themes, but I used this FAQ and it worked like a charm for me:

How to Add Vendor Locked Themes - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-30-07 06:50 PM
    installing will keep you posted.
    12-30-07 07:09 PM
    Okay back to Verizon all is good.. installing sprint OS. then I will get on to the themes again......
    12-30-07 07:26 PM
    Okay new sprint os on.....

Now what do I delete in the theme file. I followed it and it said to remove vendor ID's which I did ........ any help?
    12-30-07 07:47 PM
    Okay loaded sprint OS and still get ap 523 error then reset........

Looks like the blackberry ALX file is still the same as before. which i think causing the crash... any help ???
    Last edited by yester18; 12-30-07 at 08:22 PM.
    12-30-07 08:20 PM
    Okay copied my old ALX file over and put in it the sprint OS seems to have worked!!!

Themes will have to wait i guess till I figure out what the **** to do.
    12-30-07 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD