Hi - I'm unable to make calls/text. I traveled from NC to FL on Sat. and used my phone along the trip and it was working fine. I continued to use my phone thru Mon here in FL when it started with the problem. When I try and make a call it gives me an Alltel error and then connects to some collect call network. The message says "your phone is not registered in the area". My calling plan covers the whole east coast and my sons phone is working fine. My calls to Altell have gotten me nowhere besides them saying "it's your device". Anyone have any ideas?
    09-24-08 08:27 PM
    Bs. Call alltel and request a supervisor. There is no reason on this earth that your device itself would randomly stop working in any certain area -- its the network. (No vzw pun intended )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 08:31 PM
    Messing around with my phone...I found that it has "Line 1" and a "Line 2". One shows my phone # and the other shows that # that brings me to the "collect call". I switched it to my phone # and now my phone works? REALLY? How did it get changed in the first place? And why couldnt someone from Alltel figure this out? I am as challened as they come and I solved my own problem....hmm
    09-24-08 09:39 PM
    I have never heard of that.

~ vndlewis

09-24-08 10:09 PM
    BBChallenged, I am very impressed with your discovery of Line 1/2 issue resolution. That is indeed whats been happening with BB 8130 and BB 8330, happens when user go out of town, changing active line to line 1 does fix that issue. No way to disable this at this time, waiting for OS 4.5 to take care of this issue. Hope this answers. Thanks.
    09-25-08 12:50 PM
    Where do I find out what line I am on? I have an 8130 on Verizon and travel a lot. Would this be a data problem also? I had data problems yesterday.

~ vndlewis

09-25-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD