Yesterday I tried out sycnje and then uninstalled it (wasn't a fan), talked alot on my blackberry, got quite a bit of email, downloaded some themes and changed the theme a few times. Then I plugged it into my computer (one that's it's not installed to sync on) to charge b/c the battery was getting low. It showed that it was charging but didn't seem to charge. I thought maybe that's b/c nothing was installed for it, so I plugged it into a wall charger that I use all the time. It took forever to charge, a few hours when usually it takes an hour max. I unplugged it at full charge, read a few emails on it, and went to bed. That was 8 hours ago. I got up this morning and the battery was down to next to nothing and the low battery light was blinking. What happened? I didn't even get any email overnight. Usually I only have to charge it every 48-72 hours with regular use. Is it possible that the new theme(s) are sucking power? I don't think there's anything running in the background - the syncje was uninstalled, and the problem didn't start until much later in the day. I even did a battery pull to reset everything before I charged it last night, when I noticed it was draining really fast. Do I just need to get a new battery?
    03-29-08 08:51 AM
    Also, I just noticed that the cell/CDMA radio was turned off. I did not turn it off last night. Weird...
    03-29-08 08:56 AM
    Getting a new battery would be a good choice. Keep your old battery also just in case the new one does the same thing. If that happens, it's something in your Berry that's causing this to happen. If the new battery works well, you may have had some dead cells in the battery that you now have. In that case, you can dispose of it then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 09:28 AM
    This same thing happened to me today. I charged my storm practically all day yesterday and i woke up this morning and it was completely dead.
    12-15-08 04:34 PM
    The radio ties off under roughly 10% battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD