Hello everyone, I just aarived in Mexico from New York. My phone was immediately picked up by TelCel. Can anyone help me place a call back to the states? I have been trying even placing a "0" before the number but I get a recording sying call can not be completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
    07-21-08 03:01 PM
    I'm not sure about Mexico, but when I am in Europe I need to dial the country code before the area code. this is even true for dialing another US based phone in Europe. I think the country code for the US is 001 (if not try 100). Good luck
    07-21-08 03:06 PM
    will try that thanx cous
    07-21-08 03:08 PM
    i'm not sure about mexico and canada but for other countries to call back to the states from a cell phone you need to dial the "+" and then the 1 (area code) and the number.
    07-21-08 03:31 PM
    and depending on your carrier ( I say this since yours isn't listed) you might need to enable international roaming on the account. If you dont have a gsm BB then you will have issues using it. If you have a CDMA BB but its not one of the world editions, it prolly wont work. But if it is a world edition then you have to call the international department and register your sim card and change some settings.... if your carrier is sprint let me know, I'll let you know what needs to happen. If not, then all of the above is just a very well educated guess.
    07-21-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD