Hello! I'm new to Blackberry-just got a Pearl 2 weeks ago! Lovin this site and already have an addiction, but, with an addiction comes consequences...I bottomed out my file free memory to 0 bytes. Upon doing some cleaning, I got it up to 14,552,530 bytes. This gives me a little breathing room but I would like more. I noticed under the database size tab that most of my memory is being used up under "content store"-appx. 471Kb of memory. Any way to get this lower?

Thanks,

Ryan

PS:I do have a media card & am using that for all the songs, pics, etc. Also, I did check out the "Increase BB File Free Mem." Thread. Didn't know if reinstalling the OS was the correct route.
    08-14-08 07:39 PM
    471 for content store is really no big deal. I have seen phone with up to 11000. I would not worry too much about that. Anyway you clear that folder conecting your bb to a pc and with the DM go to backup and restore. Then go to advanced and on the right side look for content store, press clear and you're done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 08:03 PM
    Thank You, but what am I deleting/what is contained in content store?
    08-14-08 09:40 PM
    The largest contributors to Content Store are the pre-installed wallpapers/pics.
    08-15-08 06:47 AM
    The Content Store is also used for temporary storage when installing applications. It tends to grow in size when you install/delete apps.
    08-15-08 07:09 AM
    Thanks, will be erasing it!
    08-17-08 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD