Help.
    I'm sorta a blackberry newbie, although not completely technology inept, I can't seem to install a driver on my laptop, or even the Desktop Manager. I can only assume it has something to do with having Windows Vista, but I could be wrong. Can anyone help? in simple steps please.
    thanks so much
    01-11-09 04:25 PM
    It would make more sense for you to explain the problem you experience when attempting to install DM, rather than give you steps.
    01-11-09 04:34 PM
    "USB charging current is not sufficient. Veryify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the USB driver is installed."
    I had no luck installing the desktop manager. The icons appeared on my computer, but that was it.
    01-11-09 04:45 PM
    Are you sure you downloaded and installed Desktop Manager, and not Device Manager, or Device Software?
    01-11-09 04:51 PM
    No, i'm not sure. I used the disk that came with the phone, then it didn't work, so I unistalled it, then I went to the Blackberry website to intall one from there. Perhaps I should try it again. Are there normally problems with installing desktop manager when you have windows vista? It is desktop manager I want, correct?
    01-11-09 04:57 PM
    No there usually aren't issues with installing Desktop Manager. I don't think you actually have DM installed. Hence why you get that error message.

Click the link below, fill out the form to download DM.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C10472DFF2BC19
    01-11-09 05:07 PM
    Yes, that is the DM that I tried to install before. I had registered and everything. I've selected it again, ..should it take an hour to download, b/c that's what it's telling me in estimated time?
    01-11-09 05:14 PM
    sunkast is doing a fine support job but this link may help with your USB problem View Document.
    01-11-09 05:18 PM
    It depends on how fast your internet connection is.
    01-11-09 05:18 PM
    I'll give it a try thanks.
    We have wireless internet connection. Normally wouldn't take that long...
    thanks
    01-11-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD