I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130, and I am getting email (both from my Yahoo account and the blackberry one I set up) that contains links in them that I have to go to sometimes (like to confirm my email address).

How do I get the blackberry to click on the link? I can get it to highlight (Select Link) but then what? I can't make it go to that website!

Also, when I click on the Browser icon, should it not take me to a page that I can type in whatever web address I want to go to? How do I do that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me back on my yahoo address ([email protected]) in case your responses get lost on this thread. I can't believe how much info there is!

Sarah
    06-15-08 03:01 PM
    I'm certainly no expert but I noticed no one has answered your thread yet so I'll give it a shot.
    I believe you need an email viewer to be able to click on links in an email. If you don't have one, easiest thing to do is copy and paste the link on the URL page. (click "go to" from the menu when you are on the web)
    I use Empower Email Viewer and it works well. As I said, I could be wrong since I'm not an expert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 04:31 AM
    thanks! I have since figured out how to get to the page that lets me paste in a url, so it should work now. What is an email viewer?
    06-16-08 08:36 AM
    Welcome to CB
    06-16-08 08:43 AM
    I just downloaded the trial of empower and for some reason I am unable to click on links within my email. I was able to do this before empower but cant seem to now. Any advise?
    07-30-08 12:29 AM
    To answer you second question...After you open your browser app, and are viewing the home page, click the blackberry key (a.k.a. menu key) and scroll down to "Go to.." and this will allow you to type in a specific URL or web address. Hope this helps.
    07-30-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD