So i recently purchased the blackberry pearl 8130 and am with virgin mobile.
    For some reason today both blackberry messenger conversations and facebook notifications disappeared. It has been working fine before and in the morning, and then just recently i picked it up and it all was just..gone(except the initial getting started notification on facebook). I know its not a memory problem as it is a new phone and i barely have anything on it,

please help me..

Thanks.
    11-10-08 03:09 PM
    Sounds like a classic memory problem. Did you check your file free? I think you should try removing facebook. It comes up as the cause to a lot of symptoms as you are describing.
    11-10-08 03:17 PM
    as i mentioned i just got it last week and there is a lot of free memory ..well over 15, 000, 000..and i use the facebook application a lot so its not something i would want gone.
    11-10-08 03:30 PM
    Just because you have 15mb free doesn't mean there isn't a memory problem. You should at least remove the FB app to see if it is the problem or not. I have seen this issue dozens of times, and usually it is FB.
    11-10-08 03:41 PM
    facebook is usually the culprit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:42 PM
    yep ditch the facebook. it's been causing alot of problems
    11-10-08 03:44 PM
    I had been having this problem, about every 3 days all my texts, bb messenger conversations, and call log would dissappear.

It was due to the pearl giving memory priority to the error log, which fills up real quick for some reason.

With my service provider (sprint) the most up to date OS (4.3.0.127) doesn't fix this problem, but there is a workaround.

I've followed this procedure for 2 weeks and haven't lost any more stuff.

1. Once a day, while on the home screen (viewing icons of all your apps) hold the shift key and type LGLG.

The event log (error log) will come up.

2. Press the menu button, and select "clear log"

Scroll down and look at the log if you like before doing this, on mine its about 3 miles long usually.

3. It will ask to verify cleaning, the log. Select "delete".

4. The log will now be empty, and some of your memory will be back.

5. Every 2 days or so, do a battery pull.

Sometimes when you clear the log, the BB wont recognize that some memory has been freed up, but doing the battery pull fixes this.

Hope this works for you. It works for me.
    Edit/Delete Message
    11-10-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD