I was trying to install an application when my 8120 froze on the hourglass. I have tried to reset several times. The last time I even left the battery out for 30 minutes but it just won't reset. When I put the battery back in it goes back to the hourglass and then it switches off and comes back on with the hourglass and it just repeats that.

Should I just leave it and it will come back eventually or do I need to send it in?

I am so annoyed! I only got the phone yesterday!
    03-12-08 06:53 PM
    03-12-08 07:06 PM
    Thanks. Will try that tonight.

Now I have another problem. I can't find the latest OS on my carriers website.

I just emailed them and they said it will be 2 weeks if I send it in to be fixed. Don't particularly want to wait.

Can anyone point me to where I can download the OS for my phone? I'm not even sure what version the phone came with......
    03-12-08 11:52 PM
    JUst wanted to come back and say I've found the OS download. Hope it will work!
    03-13-08 12:00 AM
    It didn't work. I have installed the OS but when I use the app loader it says it doesn't have any software for my device. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    03-13-08 02:18 PM
    You need to download the device software for your phone from Optus and install it to your computer.
    03-13-08 03:19 PM
    yep I did that... but its not showing up when I run the app loader........? Its showing up when I go to my control panel and then add/remove software, its got the device manager for the 8120 there below the desktop manager..
    03-13-08 05:19 PM
    yep I did that... but its not showing up when I run the app loader........? Its showing up when I go to my control panel and then add/remove software, its got the device manager for the 8120 there below the desktop manager..

Are you positive that you got it for the 8120? Can you see it on your desktop?? It's not zipped is it?
    03-13-08 05:24 PM
    Did you install it on your computer? After you download the exe file, you need to execute it and install it to your computer.
    03-13-08 06:06 PM
    Yep I've run the .exe file and installed the OS on my computer. I was going to post screen shots but it won't let me cos I don't have 10 posts yet....
    03-14-08 07:07 AM
    Yep I've run the .exe file and installed the OS on my computer. I was going to post screen shots but it won't let me cos I don't have 10 posts yet....
    Well post a couple more times and bring it on!!
    03-14-08 12:00 PM
    Did you download the correct OS for the model of BB that you have? If you installed the device/handheld software on your computer, you will not get the application loader error any more.
    03-14-08 01:20 PM
    Thanks for all your help sunkast.

My husband managed to fix it for me last night. He found a thread about it, turns out theres a file in there that needs to be deleted because its trying to match my phone and can't due to the hourglass or something... anyways all good now!
    03-14-08 06:42 PM
    i was going to post pics... just to show I did download the right OS.... but not even posts still.. :P
    03-14-08 06:45 PM
    03-14-08 06:45 PM
    Ohhhh, you never said you downloaded a different carrier's OS...
    03-14-08 06:51 PM
    nooo.. i downloaded the optus OS.. so I don't know why.. but whatever he did it worked...
    03-14-08 07:34 PM
    Hiya

I have the exact same prob as ribenaberrie, my 8120 doesn't like a certain .jar file and is stuck in reboot mode, i couldn't find the 8120 OS anywhere i checked out optus site but no joy, any ideas where i can get it from?

Huge thanks in advance

Ant
    05-27-08 07:40 AM
    not sure if my 1st post went through or not.

does anyone know where i can get the 8120 OS from, i tried to find it on optus but couldn't.

huge thanks in advance

ant
    05-27-08 08:27 AM
    this has happened to my blackberry as i tried to install implus!! now it keeps loading with the hour glass then switches off with the red LED flashing... someone please tell me wat to do as its drivin me mad
    06-01-08 07:23 PM
    i found it!!! thanks crackberry!! lets hope i can follow the steps properly!

heres the link if anyone else has the same issue:

put www in front of it

crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry
    06-01-08 07:43 PM
    hello im trying reset my phone using blackberry desktop manger but i dont now how can ya help?
    08-15-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD