Hi all

I've looked around on the forum quite a bit but could not fix my problem. I was trying to pair my bb pearl with some stupid bluetooth device and then my phone froze. I took the battery out, it took a while to get off the hour glass and when it finally did it said app error 23 reset!

Since then I've added the 4.3 version of the desktop manager and downloaded the handheld software 4.3v as well on my comp. When I try to install the handheld software the desktop manager detects my pearl via USB but still shows disconnected. I try to use the application loader to install the handheld software but it says my bb isn't connected? Again, even though it's detected the usb it still comes up as disconnected.

So, I have two problems here. The app error 23 reset and now trying to get the device connected so I can install the handheld software. Please help because I cannot use my phone!!!!

Some info.:

I have Verizon as my carrier
    My laptop runs Windows Vista
    I already installed the desktop manager and device manager v4.3

ANYONE PLEASE???
    08-12-08 03:16 AM
    I am a VZW customer with the same phone. I think this is a VZW problem honestly. I made no changes at all to my perfectly smooth running Pearl and out of the blue 48 hours ago the screen is giving me this error. I noticed that when I do reset (being my only option) the last thing that happens, and only for a fraction of a second, the Verizon splash screen flashes on then it goes to the white screen. I am thinking VZW has attempted an OTA update without informing anyone, and messed up some phones. My friend also has a VZW pearl with the same error and it happened during the same hour.

I too have followed all the steps and even tried using the latest OS and Desktop manager official releases - still looks bricked.

When I connect it to run the app loader it finds the devices and freezes through that process over and over again.
    Last edited by erieslabhunter; 08-13-08 at 04:12 PM.
    08-13-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD