I put my Blackberry Pearl (8110) in my pocket unlocked and I when I took it out, I noticed some icons that I previously hid came back up on the home screen, so I pushed the menu button to select to hide them again. The next thing I know ALL of my icons are gone. The background theme is still there, along with the date, time, battery life, and reception bars, but none of the icons. I tried pushing the menu button to see if I could unhide the icons, but nothing happens, it just stays on the same blank home screen. I did a battery pull, and a sim card and battery pull, but nothing changes.

I can only access my applications by pressing the call button, then pressing the menu button and selecting switch applications which will then allow me to access the phone, home, messages, camera (but not the album), and ptt icons only. I can't access all of my media, etc.

I would really like to have all of my icons back, so any advice would be much appreciated!

P.S. - I did a little research and found someone with the 8330 had the same problem and a blackberry expert told her to do this:

"Press the green dial key to enter your Call Log.

Press the Menu key > Options > General Options . Scroll down to Dial from Home Screen, and set that to NO.

And SAVE.

Now, return to your home screen, blank or whatever.

Press the O key.. (Oh, not zero), to enter the options menu."

It worked for that person with the 8330, but my 8110 doesn't have the "Dial from Home Screen" option, so I couldn't go any further with these instructions.
    11-06-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD