So I went to blackberry.com/aim from my 8130 and tried to download it, the message I got back says,

"Notice. Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry."

Does anybody know what I should do? I'm running 4.3.0.81 on my phone, idk if that would have anything to do with it.

Advice would be appreciated!!
    08-19-08 10:13 PM
    Nevermind... I guess you can't do it with the 8130 according to the website
    08-19-08 10:16 PM
    it might be because of your Os.. for intense when i go to the blackberry webisite their tell me the same but i know it supports my phone.. just the os is not release yet and they dont want to have customer issue so they locked it since they can know the os you have ..

try to find the direct link (ota), that what i always do and it should work without a doubt.. on my side i have javatalk that support all the os for the curve and it has AOL as well , you can try for free on trial period
    08-19-08 10:38 PM
    yeah i might try that, i've heard a lot about it on the forums
    08-19-08 11:16 PM
    I've had similar issues with AIM, but my phone came with the app already installed and in working order. It just won't sign on. Good luck!
    08-19-08 11:23 PM
    Jivetalk!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-20-08 12:56 AM
    I got it to download on my 8330 but when I'd try to sign in it would tell me to go back to the website, which wouldn't get me anywhere. I think they're waiting on an official full release of the client...

08-20-08 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD