I just got a new Pearl, so far i'm lovin it!

But I tried to set up the BlackBerry Messenger and all it does is say that the contacts are pending.... and not sending a message to who i'm trying to add..

Please help! any info will be great
    11-05-08 09:22 AM
    You need to have the PIN number of the person you want to add as a contact.

Try this: add contacts using PIN, not EMAIL:

Delete your pending requests. Tell the other parties to delete any pending requests from you.

In BBM, hit add contact. If they're not in your address book go up to use once. HOVERING (highlight, not click) on use once, hit the menu button and select request by PIN. Then just type in the PIN and send request. If they are in your address book, HOVER (highlight, not click) over their name, hit the menu key and send a request using PIN that way.

The contact must accept the request for it to be complete. Both devices must have data plans.

Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-05-08 at 09:27 AM.
    11-05-08 09:24 AM
    You need to have the PIN number of the person you want to add as a contact.

Try this: add contacts using PIN, not EMAIL:

Delete your pending requests. Tell the other parties to delete any pending requests from you.

In BBM, hit add contact. If they're not in your address book go up to use once. HOVERING (highlight, not click) on use once, hit the menu button and select request by PIN. Then just type in the PIN and send request. If they are in your address book, HOVER (highlight, not click) over their name, hit the menu key and send a request using PIN that way.

The contact must accept the request for it to be complete. Both devices must have data plans.

I've done that...

and by Data Plan you mean??? (i'm really not good at this )

I know the person i'm trying to add can use his messenger (he does all the time which is why i'm trying to use it.. he says it's ezier)
    11-05-08 09:29 AM
    I've done that...

and by Data Plan you mean??? (i'm really not good at this )

I know the person i'm trying to add can use his messenger (he does all the time which is why i'm trying to use it.. he says it's ezier)
    BOTH phones need to have a data (blackberry web & email plan) attached to both phones for BBM to work.

Alltel Wireless - Phone and Plan Selector
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-05-08 at 11:12 AM.
    11-05-08 11:09 AM
    In the future, try to post something in the title about what the problem is regarding. Its get questions answered faster since some of us our experts on certain things and not others.

Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-05-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD