I seen this question asked but never found the answer.

What's the difference with locking the key pad and using the stand by funtion. I've had my black berry for a week and just discovered the standby feature by accident today?

I like the stanby funtion to turn it back on, but not sure what it does while it's in that mode. I did call it in standby mode and the phone rang.
    But any other information you know about this would help.
    Thanks,
    02-16-08 02:49 PM
    Standby conserves power.
    02-16-08 02:53 PM
    That's the only difference. I would think people would use that mode more often then. Is that true?
    02-16-08 03:04 PM
    I think so. I prefer to use standby but each to their own I suppose.
    02-16-08 03:09 PM
    Have you tried the soft reset program or the auto lock program?
    02-16-08 03:25 PM
    Can you keep the 8130 in standby and still have it connected to a BT headset? If you can, that would seem to be the way to go!
    02-16-08 03:27 PM
    I haven't even bought a blue tooth yet. I have never used one before. Not sure if I will.
    02-16-08 03:34 PM
    Have you tried the soft reset program or the auto lock program?
    No I haven't tried either but the soft reset seems qite popular.
    02-16-08 03:38 PM
    Can you keep the 8130 in standby and still have it connected to a BT headset? If you can, that would seem to be the way to go!
    I am not sure about this as it effectively just runs on minimum power whilst in Standby which might not be enough to run the BT headset. I don't have a BT headset.
    02-16-08 03:40 PM
    I haven't even bought a blue tooth yet. I have never used one before. Not sure if I will.
    Don't know what state you live in, but many states are enforcing a "hands free" law while driving. If you are caught using a cell phone in your car without a "hands free" device (corded or BT), you can be fined. This goes into effect for many states July 1, 2008.

So, I'm trying to get accustomed to driving with my BT headset now, so I don't get "caught" after June. I'm in CA BTW.
    02-16-08 04:19 PM
    I'm in Michigan. I've heard of a few cities starting to do it, but I'm not even sure of them yet. I better investigate, because I don't need any tickets.
    Can you hear good with the BT?
    02-16-08 04:29 PM
    I'm in Michigan. I've heard of a few cities starting to do it, but I'm not even sure of them yet. I better investigate, because I don't need any tickets.
    Can you hear good with the BT?
    Yes...I wore mine all day yesterday at Disneyland and had no problems getting incoming calls and making outgoing calls (usually to my husband when we got separated! LOL)...
    02-16-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD