I just bought two blackberry pearl 8130's one for each myself and my fiance. im not a new blackberry owner i had the 8100 for years now... anyway my pearl when i plug in headphones says activate headset and after clicking it my sound plays through my headphones.... but for some reason her phone doesn't have that option in her menu even when she has headphones plugged in... in fact they never work at all when plugged in the music still plays through speakerphone... any help would be appreciated.
    06-24-08 07:58 PM
    I don't have a Pearl and thus can't speak from experience, but there are a number of threads on this issue. Here's one: http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/head...working-34152/
    06-24-08 08:19 PM
    another question then... is there any way i can entirely wipe the device and reinstall the os and all the components?
    06-24-08 08:30 PM
    another question then... is there any way i can entirely wipe the device and reinstall the os and all the components?
    Options > Security > General > Menu (button next to green phone key) > Wipe
    06-24-08 08:40 PM
    I just bought two blackberry pearl 8130's one for each myself and my fiance. im not a new blackberry owner i had the 8100 for years now... anyway my pearl when i plug in headphones says activate headset and after clicking it my sound plays through my headphones.... but for some reason her phone doesn't have that option in her menu even when she has headphones plugged in... in fact they never work at all when plugged in the music still plays through speakerphone... any help would be appreciated.
    I'm playing a song now on my Pearl. While the music is playing thru speaker, hit the menu button and click activate "headset."
    06-24-08 08:48 PM
    If you're trying to roll-back from a bad OS upgrade, there's a post here by Pete6 that gives you step-by-step, just to be sure you don't miss anything.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/dow...st-case-43157/
    06-24-08 08:50 PM
    I'm playing a song now on my Pearl. While the music is playing thru speaker, hit the menu button and click activate "headset."
    i know but as i said her phone for one reason or another just does not have that option... i don't know why, her menu while a song is playing and phones are plugged in, is as follows.

prev track
    next track
    replay
    repeat
    shuffle
    show playlist
    activate handset
    switch application
    close
    no option for activate headset... though mine works.
    Last edited by aidensaintrock; 06-24-08 at 09:31 PM.
    06-24-08 09:24 PM
    Did you try taking out the battery (with the phone powered on)?
    Since you just got the phone, I'd take it back rather than go thru all this trouble shooting on a new phone.

I'm sorry I cant be of any more help.
    06-24-08 09:30 PM
    yeah just got off the phone with verizon they say its a warranty deal so there sending a new one thanks for your help gents.
    06-24-08 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD