Noob here...

I picked up my 8130 last week and I love it! The only thing I'm having issues with are the headphones. When I have the standard wired headphones (or my bluetooth headset) hooked up, I can use the voice dialing feature just fine, but none of my media will play through the eather headset. I have tried multiple wired headphones, but none of them seem to work with any media files (music or videos). Is there some option I need to enable, 'cause I'm missing something...

Thanks.
    11-26-07 06:53 PM
    Bump...

Anybody else having this issue?...
    11-27-07 01:06 PM
    Nevermind, for some reason it started working on its own. Weird...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-07 06:55 PM
    I have had my Blackberry Pearl for well over a year now and love it. But I was tired of the tangled wires to listen to stereo. So I splurged on a stereo bluetooth headset with phone/mp3 feature and the phone aspect works great but I can't get my blackberry to send my mp3 music to the headset. It just comes out of the phone when I try.

Does anyone know of any patch that gets a blackberry to stream the media to a bluetooth headset.

It works fine in phone mode. The whole point of the stereo headset was for the music though.

Thanks
    12-02-07 12:15 PM
    Shooperman. I notice that sometimes you have to activate the direction you want to audio to go. For instance if you get in your car and start talking on the phone before bluetooth picks up you can transfer theaudio by activating the bluetooth. Choose you blackberry key and then look at the menu options. It will say activate bluetooth or activate headset, activate speakerphone, depending on the options available. If that doesn't cure it I have no idea.
    12-02-07 09:13 PM
    I have had my Blackberry Pearl for well over a year now and love it. But I was tired of the tangled wires to listen to stereo. So I splurged on a stereo bluetooth headset with phone/mp3 feature and the phone aspect works great but I can't get my blackberry to send my mp3 music to the headset. It just comes out of the phone when I try.

Does anyone know of any patch that gets a blackberry to stream the media to a bluetooth headset.

It works fine in phone mode. The whole point of the stereo headset was for the music though.

Thanks

can you tell me what brand you have because i was looking at some bluetooth headphones on this site that looked nice but i don't want that brand if you're having issues with it
    12-03-07 03:39 PM
    I just got an 8130 on VZ 2 days ago, and I've been using some really nice in-ear headphones with it. However, I noticed that often the sound will only play in one ear, or not at all, unless I pull the headphone jack out slightly. This is REALLY annoying and not a good fix since the slightest movement will wreck the connection. At first I thought there was something wrong with the 8130's headphone jack. But then I plugged in the cheapo headphones that came with the 8130, and they worked just fine with no issues.

I also noticed that the cheapo headphones have one significant difference over all the other headphones I own - the jack has three black bands along the shaft while normal headphones only have two. I'm guessing this has something to do with the button on the headphones, that maybe the third band is used to pass non-audio information back and forth with the 8130.

However, I'm frustrated right now because I don't want to use those headphones! They're junk compared my regular 'phones, and the music doesn't sound at all as good. I'm considering doing some wire splicing to put the three-band jack onto my preferred headphones, but I'm hoping there's an easier, less complex way to fix this.

Has anyone else noticed this issue, and what can you suggest to overcome it? I'd like to buy bluetooth headphones possibly, but I don't feel comfortable buying any 3rd party headphones for my 8130 until I sort this issue out.
    12-05-07 09:55 PM
    Catnap, jacks with 3-band ring means that it is a STEREO headset.
    12-05-07 10:47 PM

Thanks
    The reason why you are not able to hear music via bluetooth headset is because you need to have a device that supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). If your device doesn't have that feature, then even if you have an A2DP BT Headset, it wouldn't work. Likewise with the other way around.
    12-05-07 10:51 PM
    The headset that came with the Pearl is not standard stereo, nor is the jack (although it is the same size as the one on your IPOD or other MP3 device). The Pearl headset (and jack) are designed with a voice channel, as well as remote AV control built in. I have heard that there are adapters available that will allow you to use your IPOD (or whatever) headphones in there, but have not investigated that. I picked up some over the ear btooth Insignia Headphones from Bestbuy and they work great with it and I prefer these over something I have to jam in my ears.

EDIT: Here is a link to a website that sells said adapter. Although it says "T-Mobile", the jack is the same as the one on the Verizon Pearl: Best Cellular Distributor: STEREO Headset mp3 Headphone Adapter 3.5mm for T-Mobile Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Last edited by BucksCountyBob; 12-06-07 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Added Link
    12-06-07 05:20 AM
    Catnap, jacks with 3-band ring means that it is a STEREO headset.

Actually bands with just 2 rings mean stereo....the 3rd ring is for audio from a video and or microphone.
    12-06-07 07:33 PM

Actually bands with just 2 rings mean stereo....the 3rd ring is for audio from a video and or microphone.
    That's correct. My understanding was he was complaining that it wasn't a stereo headset.
    12-06-07 08:29 PM
    I have the same problem, only get my voice activated sounds on my bluetooth,nothing else works
    12-25-07 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD