I just got this pearl last week and its been great. Easily the best phone Ive ever had.

But i have 2 problems (or maybe theyre not problems, i dont know):
    1) my volume contorls to the right side of the phone don't work unless im in the media player.
    2) The keypad/trackball backlights randomly light up. Sometimes ill press a key and the light comes on and sometimes it wont
    07-02-08 08:24 PM
    The volume controls will not work unless you are in media player or in a call (or on speaker phone!)

To change ringer volume... go to Profiles!

The backlight is controlled by a light sensor in your device. It sense when it is dark and when it needs lighting. This saves battery. If you cover the sensor it will also go off!

*EDIT* : Check out my sig for some more useful info!! Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-02-08 08:26 PM
    the keypad and trackball lights up when your in a dark area it has a sensor for this
    07-02-08 08:27 PM
    The volume controls will not work unless you are in media player or in a call (or on speaker phone!)

To change ringer volume... go to Profiles!

The backlight is controlled by a light sensor in your device. It sense when it is dark and when it needs lighting. This saves battery. If you cover the sensor it will also go off!

*EDIT* : Check out my sig for some more useful info!! Welcome to CrackBerry!
    That's a bummer Cant turn up/down the volume on the fly. I guess i could make seperate profiles for different settings that i happent o be in.

thats really cool about the blacklight. Do you know where the sensor is?

Thanks for the welcome Great site!
    07-02-08 08:41 PM
    the keypad and trackball lights up when your in a dark area it has a sensor for this
    Yeah i just turned on the lights and it went off, turned em off and it came off. Thats pretty cool.
    07-02-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD