I just got my 8130 yesterday from Verizon and I came to this website because of the information concerning ringtones and how to get them to work on the Verizon phone. I took the advice that I had found in this forum but it seems that I still cannot figure it out.

I went to the website tuneusin.com from my computer first but am afraid that will not work because I am working off of a Powerbook and not a PC. So when I connect to the phone using the USB it does not show up. Any suggestions?

So when I went to the website through the browser on the 8130 I was able to download it and save it but I cannot find it on the phone anywhere. Am I saving it wrong?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I do not mind having to pay for a ringtone, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I can get a ringtone on this phone I would really appreciate it.
    03-25-08 02:47 PM
    Do you remember what folder you saved it to? You can explorer all files by going to Media, pressing menu, then explore.
    03-25-08 02:51 PM
    Thank you. I found the file, but now how do I save it as my ringtone? When I click on the file it says "Unable to display file"

It is a .php file.

Am I saving it wrong?
    03-25-08 07:27 PM
    don't think RIM play PHP files.
    03-25-08 07:30 PM
    Is there another way of saving it as a different type of file? Or where can I get ringtones that is a type of file that is supported?
    03-25-08 07:31 PM
    Wait, I think I just answered my own question. I figured it out.

I guess I was trying to make it more difficult than it really is.
    03-25-08 07:34 PM
    just email them to yourself from crackberry..

open the email in your bb and click the link...

then click save

or:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/made...ingtone-21296/

-db
    03-25-08 07:39 PM
    If you didn't figure it out already, you saved the wrong thing. PHP is a programming language, many web sites use it to create pages.
    03-25-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD