Has anyone bought this application?? I have and am having trouble with it. I downloaded it to my desktop and then tied to open the Zip file and it says it cannot open the file without knowing what program created it..what the heck does that mean??

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    01-20-08 06:56 PM
    No one has this?? Was it worth downloading and has anyone had compatability problems after they downloaded it?

Thanks,
    Laurie
    Has anyone bought this application?? I have and am having trouble with it. I downloaded it to my desktop and then tied to open the Zip file and it says it cannot open the file without knowing what program created it..what the heck does that mean??

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    01-22-08 09:28 AM
    Laurie, What version of Windows you using? XP, Vista etc... or you a Mac person? If Vista, right click on the file, does it give an option to unzip? For XP you might have to download a program to unzip it. Winzip is a good one.
    As far as Handango, there was a thread somewhere here about issues with downloading software and having your BB lock up. I believe it's got something to do with the 4.3 version of the OS on the phone.
    01-22-08 10:30 AM
    01-22-08 10:31 AM
    +1 for that site. use it all the time

Text messages apply but no worries.
    01-22-08 10:34 AM
    Hi and thanks for your reply!! I am using Windows XP, so I need to have my phone hooked up to the computer before I download the application?? As far as locking up that is exactly what I am afraid of, I am not savy enough with this phone to fix any operating problems, I am better off just eating the 20 dollars and just forgetting it.

Thanks again!!
    Laurie
    Laurie, What version of Windows you using? XP, Vista etc... or you a Mac person? If Vista, right click on the file, does it give an option to unzip? For XP you might have to download a program to unzip it. Winzip is a good one.
    As far as Handango, there was a thread somewhere here about issues with downloading software and having your BB lock up. I believe it's got something to do with the 4.3 version of the OS on the phone.
    01-22-08 11:51 AM
    Laurie, just a little info, a "ZIP" file could be one or a collection of files that have been compressed to save space or to save downloading time.
    Text files compress quite well (ex. you might be able to reduce it's size by 80%) while image files such as jpeg do not. So basically you are downloading a group of files that you need XP to open and de-compress.
    Go to WinZip� - The Zip File Utility for Windows - Zip/Unzip, Encrypt/Decrypt and download the program. They have a demo to try. I'm sure there are others. Then you will be able to open your app.
    If you need more help, you know where to find us!
    01-22-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD