Ok I have done a search to no avail. I wanted to set up groups or at least I thought this might work, to be able to sms message a few contacts with one feld swoop. I have all my contact in categories with I know how to filter, but that doesn't work. So here is the problem. I go to address book, menu, new group, name said group, add contacts, save group, but now I can't find the group! I tried creating a new sms, emai, mms but now where did it say add from groups. Nor can I even find the groups I made. In the contact info, there is nothing about if they belong to a group or not. They all have categories listed but no group. So is there a way, to send a message to a bunch of contacts without having to select each of them one at a time?
    12-21-07 09:55 AM
    I have groups set up within the address book itself and then you can send sms to those groups....go to address book/menu/new group/add member/save
    12-21-07 10:03 AM
    I have groups set up within the address book itself and then you can send sms to those groups....go to address book/menu/new group/add member/save
    Hi Maggie, first thanks for the info but, I did all that as explained in my message. Problem is that when I try and create a new message of any kind, I don't have the option of selecting a group only to make a new one. How do you see the groups you have saved?
    12-21-07 10:14 AM
    My apologies, I am such a speed reader i missed part of your post. Anyway...the groups are listed alphabetically within my address book.
    12-21-07 10:23 AM
    You are a genius! Just as I click here to see a response, I tried the help on my BB. I looked in view "MAILING" lists! Go figure. I see they are listed in the address book as you stated. I thought they would have had a space all their own. All is well with the universe now!
    Thanks!
    12-21-07 10:27 AM
    See you didn't need anyones help...and your signature still applies LOL
    12-21-07 10:30 AM
    Can you create the mailing list on outlook and then sync or do you have to do in the 8130 address book?
    12-21-07 03:33 PM
    Can you create the mailing list on outlook and then sync or do you have to do in the 8130 address book?
    tce... when I did a search earlier on this and I can't seam to find it now, I read that you can't as it will not sync. But you can put contacts into categories in outlook and that will transfer to your BB. Once there you can filter the address book using this so say only family shows and not everyone.
    12-21-07 03:58 PM
    Thanks mem1. I have all of my contacts sync already and I can sync both ways...BB to outlook and outlook to BB. The only thing I could't get to sync were my existing groups in outlook. I have now manually added them in my BB and that works fine.
    12-22-07 08:37 AM
    So, I am having a minor issue. I have the Sprint 8130 and use Outlook 2007, and Windows XP and now DM 4.2.

I can't get the birthdays and anniversary to sync.

PS. I don't want to upgrade to DM 4.3 because they removed the Hide to Minimize feature and since I use Desktop Redirector, I have to have DM running at all times.
    12-24-07 05:58 PM
    So you give your group a name when creating it and then you have the option to add your people? I have groups that I send info to there phone threw messaging like this email address. [email protected] can I create a group with address like this and send a message to 50 phones at a time?
    01-20-08 12:13 PM
    i have a bb 7290... have set up groups, added members and still cant sms to a group, it just gives me a menu : view member, edit group, show addresses, close

any one have any ideas
    bernie
    04-06-08 03:33 PM
    i have a bb 7290... have set up groups, added members and still cant sms to a group, it just gives me a menu : view member, edit group, show addresses, close

any one have any ideas
    bernie
    When you add members to your group make sure you add your member's cell phone numbers, after that save your group and then go back to your address book to scroll and find your Group (if you called your Group "Friends", scroll to F and find it) once you find it don't click on it, simple press menu and "SMS text..." . That's it!
    05-31-08 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD