Last night I finally got a Blackberry data plan which I am happy about and the first thing I did was try out Google maps. The feature I was most excited about was "My Location" which I quickly found out was "My o wait Google has absolutely no idea where you are." I live in a suburb of Wisconsin and I'm in a decently populated area. I wasn't even within the light blue, mile radius, circle. I was three miles away from the center of the circle. Although I did not expect this to be anywhere as close to being accurate as my Garmin is, I thought it could at least get me close like Google says it would. Google claims "Its not GPS but it comes pretty close." Since when is three miles pretty close to GPS?

So my point for this post is to 1. vent and to 2. ask what is the best mobile map software for a Pearl? Thanks
    09-26-08 08:27 PM
    Mine does this sometimes. It works well if I'm moving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 08:51 PM
    Google Maps works of the cell tower you are accessing, which may or may not be the closest.
    G-maps works well in cities with lots of cell sites, and is sooo much quicker than Telenav.
    09-26-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD