I've searched through some of the previous threads but haven't yet found this one: The 'messages' icon that used to be the first icon on my main screen is somehow gone. So, now I can't click it to check messages I've recently received/sent, and then, when I receive notification that a new text has been received I can't figure out a way to open it except for doing a search for the name of the person who may have sent it... I don't know! I'm new to BB and just in general, I'm not really great with all this stuff (obviously! ha) So, any help on how to get the icon back would be wonderful!

Thank you!!
    11-09-08 12:31 AM
    Try a battery pull.
    11-09-08 12:39 AM
    Try a batterypull like sunkast said. Also do you think you might have hidden the icon by accident? Go to your homepage and click the menu button and select show all. Maybe its there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 01:02 AM
    Go into options and select messages as your right or left convience key. That probably won't bring it back but I'm sure you'll be able to view them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 03:07 PM
    also try and see if u accidentally marked that icon as hidden, that happened to me before with my address book icon i went crazy,
    home screen, press menu key, then show all..... try that
    11-09-08 05:20 PM
    Welcome to CB! I think the problem is probably as others have described... I think you probably hid the icon by accident. Follow instructions above and you should be fine.
    11-09-08 05:22 PM
    or if u have changed the themes go into message options and there is an option for messages and sms to be combined change it to separate adn u will get it back this way also
    11-09-08 08:48 PM
    This happened to me before and a battery pull didnt' work. I accidently hid it. So go in and select show all. Hopefully that will work for you. Good luck
    11-09-08 09:47 PM
    also check your theme. i think there's the option of letting the theme decide whether or not to have seperate SMS/Email settings. if you have that enabled then maybe your theme is doing it. i have my settings to always seperate.
    11-09-08 10:38 PM
    I agree with the posts above.

I do have to mention though, if it was set as theme selected and set to combine the messages they (the text messages) would be with the regular email messages in the message folder.

Most likely problem would be the "hidden icon" being you don't have the sms text messages.

It's just playing hide and seek from ya.

You could also check and see if it got moved into a different folder.

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 11-10-08 at 01:08 AM.
    11-10-08 01:03 AM
    i've lost my text icon, which was there and now it has gone

ive tried everything that you have said, taking the Battery out, selecting un hide. etc etc

still no text icon, does anyone have anymore ideas???

Please
    07-20-09 01:00 PM
    go to setup, select email settings, log in, hit the blackberry button once logged in, select service books, it should put any icons lost or deleted back onto the home screen. I accidently deleted my email icon. After i did this, it downloaded back into my phone within seconds. I believe it works with all icons.
    11-08-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD