Ok I have a problem. most searches I did regarded people not being able to delete messages from their phone and mailbox at the same time.

My problem is that everytime I sent a message with gmail from my mail app on the mac my phone (set up for gmail) get the message I just sent from gmail to someone else.

I've seen some people say to set up a filter but I tried that and every message I send to gmail from the mail app with a different address doesn't show on the phone. I send emails to myself sometimes as reminders or to send me a link I want to open somewhere else.

so does anyone know how to get my phone to stop receiving every message sent FROM me @ gmail . com ?

bubs
    03-24-08 12:14 PM
    03-24-08 12:17 PM
    I tried that and it works! but. with the filter active and setup for every email sent from [email protected] doesn't get sent to the device if I send an e-mail form the mail app (mac) from an email address I have setup the phone doesn't get the email.

but If I log into one online like my school address, and send it from there I get the message.

I think it may be because I'm using gmail setup as the outgoing server for the mail app.

Does this make sense? can anyone confirm this? I would like to be able to send myself email using the app without getting dupes.

anyone know of another solution?
    03-24-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD