How do I get all my pics off my bb onto my pc? The software I got with my bb doesn't work, my bluetooth won't connect to the pc so I don't know what else to do. Sure, I could email them all but thats a bit of a pain in the backside. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestions for how to solve it? Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by tdlopez; 04-04-08 at 09:56 AM.
    04-04-08 09:54 AM
    Are you sure your Desktop Manager software is not working?
    Just having that should allow you to connect thru usb to your phone.

Dm
    04-04-08 10:03 AM
    Positive. It sits at the "retrieving mail" screen and never gets anywhere then just locks up.
    04-04-08 10:09 AM
    What's so hard about sending it to an email that's what I do it's fast too especially if you use a blackberry email.
    04-04-08 10:10 AM
    Well, when you have one or two thats fine but when its 30....thats a whole different issue. I use my camera alot.
    04-04-08 10:15 AM
    Use a Bluetooth Dongle connected to a USB port and wireless pic's transfer is a breeze, don't even need to use the Desktop Manager in the process. We use a BBPearl and sometimes receive pic's from our people in the field, as you already know the size & detail may not be the greatest so we just save the pic (default to media card), open the software program, set up the Bluetooth Connection within the BB and that's it...Bammmm...it goes into a file from the Dongle Software from where you just open in a regular PC size using your PC setup. Good Luck, Ray....
    04-04-08 11:21 AM
    ok.. I hope I don't sound to stupid here but what is a bluetooth dongle? Now I don't have a media card...this is all just on my bb memory..does that make a difference?
    04-04-08 11:47 AM
    OK tdlopez here it goes; A Bluetooth Dongle is a small device configured to establish a wireless connection with a PC or Laptop in order to transfer data and music as well. It connects to the common PC-USB 2.0 Interface and usually transmits in a 2.4 GHz frequency. You are using the Pearl 8130 which probably accepts one 8GB Micro-SD Media card, it always good to keep your pic's, ringtones, videos and the like in the media card, remember more memory = more speed (less file swapping between RAM and Hard disk). Once you get what's needed, install the Dongle Software in your PC and the Micro-SD in your BB, then configured your BB going to: Options/Advanced Options/Media Card-open and set it up to 1. Media Card Support: On
    2. Encryption Mode: None
    3. Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    4. Auto Enable Mass St-Wh-Connd: None
    Then go to yours BB 'Set Up Bluetooth' and follow the instruction with the Keypass and so on. We are currently using the 'BlueSoleil version 2.6.0.8 from IVT Corp./www.bluesoleil.com/products and so far works great with Windows Vista and XP. There are a ton of different brands out there, most of them very affordable and user friendly, you should document yourself and find out what might work best with your application. You may check Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and so on. I hope this information helps you a little bit and if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck, Ray.
    04-04-08 01:42 PM
    If you had a memory card would be easy you could just pop it in a card reader and boom you have access to every thing on the card.
    04-04-08 01:46 PM
    WOW!!!! Ray, thank you so much for taking the time to explain that to me. Not that I FULLY understand it but it gives me a better understanding of what I need to do and I really feel challenged now because I just discovered my pearl is NOT an 8130 but an 8100 (apparently the same one you use) so...that being said I've made note of your advice and plan to use it asap. Thanks again for your help!

tdlopez
    04-04-08 01:46 PM
    I'm glad this helps, one thing to keep in mind; if you are using the 8100, the Micro-Sd Card maximum might be 2GB instead the 8GB for the 8130. Verify your spec's first. Good luck, Ray.
    04-04-08 01:58 PM
    Can't you just attach via usb cable and drag and drop?
    09-06-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD