Man I just cant get my phone to ring at a reasonable volume. Im frustrated beyond beleif. Ive read a few of the suggestions and here is my problem. I have gone to profiles and set volume to loud.....result is the phone vibrates 2 times when i have an incoming call and the ring tone follows the second ibration however it is like a low setting on a regular cell phone. Im in the car alot and I miss alot of calls and im frustrated about this. I also read somewhere here about going into options then general options.....I cant find this "general options" menu when I go into my options button the list that comes up is this

about
    advanced options
    auto on/off
    bluetooth
    custom dictionary
    date/time
    language
    media card
    mobile network
    owner
    screen/keyboardsms text
    spell check
    status
    theme
    voice dialing

so no where does it say general options......i read somewhere here about being able to adjust volume by going into options,then general options but i cant find general options heading.....also somewhere about % volume of which I cannot find.....man i want to throw this thing against the wall and go back to a regular cell phone.....Blackberry Pearl 8130......HELP ME PLEASE!
    01-31-08 10:42 PM
    For starters, don't throw your phone against a wall cause that would defeat the purpose in you asking for help in the first place

Now, you go to Menu, then look for Profiles, click on the trackball then scroll down to Advanced. Highlight LOUD, click trackball and scroll down to Phone then click. Try changing the number of vibrations so that you have more of a chance in hearing the phone actually ring.

Hopefully that helps you out my dear
    01-31-08 10:54 PM
    thanks....did that nothing changed....funny thing is if i go into ringtones and play my ringtones and just click the up down button on the side of the phone the ringtone plays so loud, i save it to the phone, call my phone to see how loud and its still the same, i want to be able to hear the phone in my car with the radio on or with the window down. its rediculous, in play ringtone its loud as **** if i crank it up so i want to crank it up when it rings, if i hit those same buttons during a ring it mutes the ring altogether.....where can I find this % thing for the ring on my phone.......??? maybe its at 20%....i think someone here called it a default setting so how do i find this default setting? I cant even find the general options menue......geeeez.
    01-31-08 11:03 PM
    First off... calm down. You seem really strung out about it... just relax and we'll be able to help you.

What ringer profile do you currently have your phone set on?

If you do not know how to check this, from the home screen, press the Menu button, find Profiles and select it. A new screen will come up with the different ringer profiles available. It will tell you which one you currently have active.

To edit these profiles, scoll down to Advanced, select the Profile you wish to edit, and have fun playing with the options.
    02-01-08 06:26 PM
    first click onyour blackberry button, go to profile buttonmake sure loud is active,scroll don to the advanced tab, click on it, your profiles should say loud(active).clink on that link and you should see a long list.scroll down to phone and click on that.should come up phone in loud. make sure the volume is set to high and not medium, if it is on medium tab down and hilight that and change it to high. make sure you do that for the in holster setting to
    03-10-08 04:44 PM
    i found that the standard ringtones on my pearl are kinda low...even after changing all the settings to loud(im used to my LG EnV)...i ended up making my own and they are very loud now
    03-10-08 09:48 PM
    Man I just cant get my phone to ring at a reasonable volume. Im frustrated beyond beleif. Ive read a few of the suggestions and here is my problem. I have gone to profiles and set volume to loud.....result is the phone vibrates 2 times when i have an incoming call and the ring tone follows the second ibration however it is like a low setting on a regular cell phone. Im in the car alot and I miss alot of calls and im frustrated about this. I also read somewhere here about going into options then general options.....I cant find this "general options" menu when I go into my options button the list that comes up is this

about
    advanced options
    auto on/off
    bluetooth
    custom dictionary
    date/time
    language
    media card
    mobile network
    owner
    screen/keyboardsms text
    spell check
    status
    theme
    voice dialing

so no where does it say general options......i read somewhere here about being able to adjust volume by going into options,then general options but i cant find general options heading.....also somewhere about % volume of which I cannot find.....man i want to throw this thing against the wall and go back to a regular cell phone.....Blackberry Pearl 8130......HELP ME PLEASE!
    Forget all that, pull your ringtones back off the phone,
    In roxio, or audacity remix them with every volume option MAXXED out.
    Reinstall on the phone.
    First day I had mine I missed a boatload of calls because of this.
    03-10-08 09:56 PM
    i never had a problem with volume on mine i guess it's because i use roxio
    03-10-08 10:00 PM
    Same here. Copied my own mp3 "modified-for-volume" ringtones of my favorite songs to the phone...

Problem solved.
    03-10-08 10:26 PM
    i never had a problem with volume on mine i guess it's because i use roxio
    My defaults came in so quiet, I couldn't hear them unless the phone was a foot from my head, not a doable way to carry the phone. the ones I loaded originally with roxio were just as quiet.
    little remix and all is good.
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 03-11-08 at 02:23 AM.
    03-10-08 11:24 PM
    The LOUD profile doesnt do anything for the volume really, all it is is a preset profile that makes everything have a noise, whether it is in the holster or not, it isnt playing the sounds any louder at all, just turning the phone into LOUD mode and overriding any of the quiet settings for any of the specified alerts/phone calls
    03-11-08 12:58 AM
    i cant get my ringtones to ring loud either. ive been told there are site that you can up load your ringtones change them to mp3 and redownload and that should help. anyone know of these sites?
    06-11-08 04:03 PM
    zedge.net works good for making ringtones online
    06-11-08 06:27 PM
    Pull the battery a few seconds

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 08:22 AM
    FORGET about setting your profile to loud/louder/loudest, this is a major flaw in the Pearl that can only be fixed by the user loading custom modified ringtones back on to the device. As stated above, you can edit them your self or email me and I'll send you a couple really loud ones.

Very dissapointing engineering flub by RIM - to have too-quiet ringtones at max volume, and to not be able to adjust ringtone volume with the side volume keys. Any 3rd party coders want to take a hack at it?
    06-12-08 10:50 AM
    OP - the General Options posters and the manual refer to is NOT under Setting-->Options. Instead you must be in a Phone application (just hitting the green button does it) and then click Menu-->Options-->General Options. Then you'll learn that there's nothing at all in General Options that can assist in this problem.
    06-12-08 11:05 AM
    Forget all that, pull your ringtones back off the phone,
    In roxio, or audacity remix them with every volume option MAXXED out.
    Reinstall on the phone.
    First day I had mine I missed a boatload of calls because of this.
    I too suffer from the same low volume ringtones. How would one go about pulling the ringtones off of the phone? I've greated a bunch of "song" ringtones, but would like to also use some of the BB preprogrammed as well.
    06-12-08 01:06 PM
    hey negriljerry can i email you 3 ringtones that are midi's that i would like to be much louder? my email is [email protected]
    06-12-08 03:38 PM
    I've been experiencing this problem intermittently. One day the ringtones are low, the next day they are loud no matter what settings I am using. It happens with the default and the custom ringtones. I tried pulling the battery for a few seconds, and that worked. Thanks, jerry12!
    06-27-08 06:05 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps others who come across this looking for the FIX to their VOLUME issues!

Okay so here goes ... Now this is what worked for my phone so hopefully it works for YOU ... if not I apologize in advance but I would guess it would work the same for all the Pearl models. GOOD LUCK!

1. Go into the "Profiles (xxxx)" tab. On my phone it is the speaker icon and it also states "Profiles (Loud)" to be exact.

Scroll down past all of the following:

-Loud (If this does not state "active" then please make it your active ringer by selecting it now)
    - Vibrate
    - Quiet

Until you see ...

Advanced... and enter this menu!

3. Select the first listed item which should be Loud (Active).

4. Once in here you should see numerous selections such as: Browser, Calendar, Facebook and so on.

5. Select the one that looks like this:

Phone [xxxxxxxxxx] *the x's being your phone number*

There may be one above it that looks similar but is not your actual phone number. Leave that one for now.

6. Once you enter this menu you should then see:

Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (your phones current ringtone)

and so on ...

You should see Volume as your next selection and it should be set to High.

If it is not set to HIGH, this is your issue!
    My phone was set to MEDIUM by default and that resulted in the low ringtone!

So simply change this to HIGH and when you go back to the previous menu it should state "Changes made!" Be sure to Save these!

What I did to be sure it worked the same for all the ringer settings was I went back to the list (Browser, Calendar, Facebook, Level 1 Messages etc.) and I made sure the VOLUME was set to HIGH for all of them!

THAT WAS IT! It worked for mine and I hope it works for everyone else as I know what a pain this has been spending hours trying to find a solution online with no success .. I hope I finally found the fix for everyone.

Best of luck!!

T6
    08-25-08 08:22 PM
    Negriljerry- Can you email me a couple of the loud ringtones? This porblem is super [email protected]

Thanks!
    08-10-09 01:50 PM

about
    advanced options
    auto on/off
    bluetooth
    custom dictionary
    date/time
    language
    media card
    mobile network
    owner
    screen/keyboardsms text
    spell check
    status
    theme
    voice dialing

Yea the volume does suck especially when my last phone was sooo loud i could hear it anywhere in the house (upstairs or down).i had just been getting used to my quite calls but maybe i will try this roxio

08-12-09 12:12 AM
    I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps others who come across this looking for the FIX to their VOLUME issues!

Okay so here goes ... Now this is what worked for my phone so hopefully it works for YOU ... if not I apologize in advance but I would guess it would work the same for all the Pearl models. GOOD LUCK!

1. Go into the "Profiles (xxxx)" tab. On my phone it is the speaker icon and it also states "Profiles (Loud)" to be exact.

Scroll down past all of the following:

-Loud (If this does not state "active" then please make it your active ringer by selecting it now)
    - Vibrate
    - Quiet

Until you see ...

Advanced... and enter this menu!

3. Select the first listed item which should be Loud (Active).

4. Once in here you should see numerous selections such as: Browser, Calendar, Facebook and so on.

5. Select the one that looks like this:

Phone [xxxxxxxxxx] *the x's being your phone number*

There may be one above it that looks similar but is not your actual phone number. Leave that one for now.

6. Once you enter this menu you should then see:

Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (your phones current ringtone)

and so on ...

You should see Volume as your next selection and it should be set to High.

If it is not set to HIGH, this is your issue!
    My phone was set to MEDIUM by default and that resulted in the low ringtone!

So simply change this to HIGH and when you go back to the previous menu it should state "Changes made!" Be sure to Save these!

What I did to be sure it worked the same for all the ringer settings was I went back to the list (Browser, Calendar, Facebook, Level 1 Messages etc.) and I made sure the VOLUME was set to HIGH for all of them!

THAT WAS IT! It worked for mine and I hope it works for everyone else as I know what a pain this has been spending hours trying to find a solution online with no success .. I hope I finally found the fix for everyone.

Best of luck!!

T6
    My problem is that it's all the way up but that's still not loud

08-12-09 12:16 AM
    Here is a link to a nice ringtone maker. You upload a MP3 and then choose the 30 second clip of that MP3 or you can shrink or stretch that time if you want. Before you send it to your phone it will also give you the option to max out the volume.....I dont have enough posts to put a link in it so, everyone should know what to add at the end...LOL

Myxer
    08-27-09 05:07 PM
    I found this on fixya.com and it worked for me

" I had the same problem. My ring was getting lower everyday. I've done my fair share of dropping the phone.
    So, I read that other people were having the issue.
    One genius, told us to take off the back plate, and just where the camera is, there is a greyish plastic plate riveted down with plastic knobs. You press on either side quite hard. If you can do this while the phone is ringing, you will hear the volume jump up and down. When it sounds just right, leave it alone, put back on the plate.
    If it happens again, repeat.
    You may need to buy the speaker plate after a while. It's only 10 bucks on cnn.cn
    "
    02-21-10 12:19 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD