8120: My dev. memory is showing file total=54MB, file free=0MB
    and media card mem. is showing tot. space=241MB, free space=5.3MB.
    I only have 3 or 4 pictures (about 2~3MB size) and a couple of pictures used as icons (plus the preloaded pictures & icons), no music or video files.
    I did the memory cleaner thing, and have it on my main icon page.
    Why is so much memory being used, and how to free up more memory? Also how to move the picture files from device to media card memory?
    05-28-09 04:17 AM
    8120: My dev. memory is showing file total=54MB, file free=0MB
    and media card mem. is showing tot. space=241MB, free space=5.3MB.
    I only have 3 or 4 pictures (about 2~3MB size) and a couple of pictures used as icons (plus the preloaded pictures & icons), no music or video files.
    I did the memory cleaner thing, and have it on my main icon page.
    Why is so much memory being used, and how to free up more memory? Also how to move the picture files from device to media card memory?
    Okay first of all 0 file free is not good at all. How many apps and themes do you have on the device? If you only have 3 or 4 pics then space is being used somehow. In order to move those pics since it is just 3 or 4 you can go to media>menu>explore>device memory. Then locate the pictures>highlight them>menu>move>media card into whatever folder you want on the card. You will have to do this one at a time. Now, if you use that memory optimization link in my sig it should help you increase some file free memory. If you still need further assistance post back and let us know. Good luck...
    05-28-09 06:36 AM
    In addition to what is stated above, more on a memory aspect, what programs do you have and have you removed from the device the ones that you dont use?

I dont use password keeper, help, memo pad, tasks, brick breaker, demo video so they are all removed from my phone to free up space. I run around 26mb free on my pearl
    05-28-09 06:39 AM
    The first thing you want is a battery pull. That will purge the temporty files that are using the memory. Check your memory status right after it restarts.

If you are concerned about memory, it is simple to customize it for your use.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    05-28-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD