- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
So this afternoon I decided it was time I put a password on my Pearl. Apparently I didn't pay enough attention when entering it, as it now won't unlock. I use the same configuration of password for everything, so I must have missed off a letter or SureType screwed me over (damn small keyboard!).
I'm now on attempt 9/10 and it's clearly not the password I intended (pretty cool feature by showing you the pw after attempt no 5, though). I have a recent backup, but I have heard reports that you will still need the pw to reload the data.
This is not good, as I obviously entered a wrong pw this afternoon.
1. Am I right in thinking I will still need the pw after it has been wiped?
2. By plugging my BB into the computer and using the Desktop Manager, is ther any way I can try my password more times than 10?
3. Long shot, but is ther a super-secret method of unlocking the phone from my situation?
- CrackBerry Addict
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM #2
- 820 Posts
i think there is a way to unlock the phone without having to enter the password but unfortunately, i dont know the process. im pretty sure i saw a thread on it recently, ill look and see if i can find it.
if not, hopefully someone else will post it in here soon.If you wanna get down let me show you the way,
WHOOP! There it is, let me hear you say...
- 08-07-2009, 10:00 AM #3
1. I'm pretty sure once the device is wiped that the password is wiped out too
2. not sure about this one
3. Nope, sorry. Wish there was, but that would of course defeat the purpose of having a pw on there.One person can make a difference.
-- John F. Kennedy
Take 2 battery pulls and call me in the morning.