IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET THIS RIGHT, AND TO GET THE PROGRAMS TO WORK CORRECTLY WITH MY PHONE. Read it ALL, then attempt: YOU NEED THE CORRECT MSL and SPC. YOU WILL MESS UP YOUR PHONE IF THESE ARE NOT CORRECT!! WITH MY VERIZON 8130, MY CODES WERE ALL ZERO's, SO YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THOSE CODES. THERE ARE YOUTUBE VIDS ON HOW TO FIND YOUR MDL AND SPC. I USED ##000000 from my handset. IF YOU GET THE MDN SETUP, YOU"RE GOOD WITH ZERO'S. JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT ITS ALL YOU IF YOU SCREW IT UP. ALSO, CHECK THE ESN WITH THE PROVIDER YOU"RE LOOKING TO SWITCH TO, AS MOST PROVIDERS LOCK OUT ESN NUMBERS ASSOCIATED WITH A PREVIOUS BALANCE!!!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.

BEFORE YOU START, THESE ARE NEEDED:

Blackberry Desktop Manager
    QXDM
    your *.prl file, from whatever company you're flashing over to. (you did check the esn with them first right?)
    your MSL code (mine was 000000)
    your SPC code (mine was 000000)

DIAL 611 FROM YOUR HANDSET. YOU SHOULD HEAR VERIZON MESSAGE....

1. You need the Blackberry Desktop Manager on and connected to your phone, and your phone needs to be powered off.

2. Go to your control panet, choose "system" Under the hardware tab is "device manager" Open "device manager" and go to "ports" Find the (2) ports that are connected to RIM device. follow these steps:
    a)right click on the first RIM connected port & click "properties"
    b)click "advanced" on port settings tab
    c) switch port to "port one" in the dropdown
    d) follow the same steps with the second port using "port 2"

WHEN YOU ARE DONE, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR RIM DEVICE ON PORTS 1 AND 2. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE THIS WAY. JUST DO IT.

3. You need to use QXDM. DO NOT USE QPST. It is totally worthless, and when i finally did get it to actually connect to my phone, it messed it all up, and i wasted a good BB. DO NOT USE QPST.

When you open QXDM, you will need to click "options" then click "communications..."

Switch to "port 2" in the dropdown menu

enable gsm by checking the box.

make sure gsm port is "port 1"

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE GSM OPTION, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. AS LONG AS YOU ARE CONNECTED TO "PORT 2" YOU"RE OK. "IF" there is a gsm option, check it and make it "port 1" eh?

CLICK OK

In the dropdown menu of the console, choose COMMAND OUTPUT. we need to see what we're doing here.

Type these commands>>(without the >>, duh)

>>mode offline-d

((IF YOU GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS "UNABLE TO VERIFY OFFLINE" OR SIMILAR, IT DOESN'T MATTER. BUT YOU MUST ATTEMPT IT ONCE, FOR SOME REASON. JUST DO IT.))

>>spc "000000"

((you will get a confirmation))

>>pr_list_wr 0 "c:\XXXXXX.prl"

((XXXXXX=THIS IS YOUR PRL FILE LOCATION. FOR A LIST OF PRL, I SUGGEST GOOGLE.))

>>nv_write sec_code {"000000"} <---[yes with the parenthesis]

((YOU MAY MAKE THIS CODE WHATEVER YOU WANT. NOW YOU DONT HAVE AN EXCUSE TO FORGET IT. FEEL FREE TO JUMP CARRIER TO CARRIER))

>>mode reset

You're done!!

Perform a battery pull on your phone and disconnect it from the comp.

Finally, using your phone keypad: #4357* (#HELP*) to verify the PRL write.

##((YOUR SECRET CODE or 000000 if you were smart when i said remember it)) and SEND to start NAM Programming

I FLASHED MINE TO CRICKET USING 38515.prl

NOW DIAL 611. YOU SHOULD HEAR CRICKET CUSTOMER SERVICE.

(USE GOOGLE TO FIGURE OUT THE KEYPAD SHORTS TO WHATEVER SERVICE PROVIDER YOU"RE FLASHING TO)

That's it. I don't know if it helps. I know it took me days to figure this out.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    12-01-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD