Help! I was taking pictures tonight, which are save onto my media card. I can no longer save anything else onto my media card at all, even though it seems I have plenty of room (961.5 MB of free space out of 968.2MB) - I get a message that says file system full. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THaks!!
    05-02-08 09:55 PM
    are you sure you are saving pictures to the memory card ? turn on the camera hit the menu button and then options then make sure it says to store pictures on memory card
    05-02-08 09:57 PM
    I think so. After I put in my media card, I have a folder that says "device memory" and I make sure every picture is stored in there. Does that sound right?
    05-02-08 09:59 PM
    no the pictures should be stored on the media card not the device memory you will run out of memory really quick if you don't save them to the card follow what i said before to set it to media card
    05-02-08 10:01 PM
    Okay....how do I get them to the media card?

I already have "save to media card" in the options...Do I need to create a new folder or something?
    Last edited by liaudr; 05-02-08 at 10:09 PM.
    05-02-08 10:05 PM
    For some reason it seems that my phone doesn't want to recognize the card at all. What is this "formatting" of the car that I hear people talk about. Do I need to do that? Sorry for all the stupid questions!
    05-02-08 10:12 PM
    Go to options advanced options media card scroll to the bottom hit the track ball then select format card
    05-02-08 10:41 PM
    Okay, I figured out what was wrong! For some reason my media card was not being recognized. I popped it out and back in again, and lo and behold I suddenly had a media card with folders for music, pictures, ringtones, etc. I transferred all my pics to the media card and have no more problems with my phone at all!! it went from 6 - 14 on my status for memory! yay!

Silly me, I trusted that the guy at Alltel installed my card properly. HAHAHA.. Thanks for the tips!
    05-03-08 09:59 PM
    Anytime ! !
    05-03-08 10:06 PM
    Only once since March 2009 have been able to use camera on my Curve.
    Once I dowloaded the 4.7 DM my BB was never the same. I also had to strip my PC back down and reload OS because the 4.7 wouldn't unistall. No , couldn't clean uninstall either.The I tried 4.5. similar issues.Stay with 4.2 is what I should have done. I will have to reload my OS because 4.5Dm will not uninstall!
    "File system full " began appearing right after I tried to transfer pics for the first time with a dowloaded 4.7DM that would not work.
    Virus? Two days after downloading 4.7 by coincidence my keyboard went awry. Auto typing keys? That lasted fo two days.I can format card, I can remove my 8GB SD card and put it back in over and over and still..
    "File System Full"
    Found an old simple cell phone in my storage from a few years ago..Almost longed to use that phones camera again. Wish I had never downloaded 4.7 because that was the end of media on my BB Curve. 14 months left on contract.
    I am a constant camera user for my city blog. tech?? Anyone else have glitches in DM 4.5 and 4.7?
    08-07-09 04:33 PM
    What if I can find nothing which says "media card" in any of the options aforementioned? I have gone in under camera as you suggested and the only place to save is device, if I click on it when highlighted it does not give any other alternative - when I got through options to advanced options the only thing listed with 'card' in the term is sim card. I just got this blackberry (8310) the other day - and it is different than my previous one so I am clueless as how to resolve the problem..
    03-22-10 07:36 AM
    anyone able to fix a file system full error when opening an attachemtn in the email??? I have 25.mbs available under the contents availablue thru the Desktop managers under contents...this is for the 8330... The pics and other typs of attachments are not able to open but some of them are...Idea's or proven solution???
    Last edited by Naigel Lee; 04-28-10 at 04:19 PM.
    04-28-10 04:09 PM
    HELP ! my blackberry curve 8520 says system full and i clicked on the menu button and there is not a tool bar that says memory card save . What do i do ?
    09-04-10 09:30 PM
    (I assume NO LIABILITY for any damages or loss of data resulting from performing these actions, despite their apparent simplicity.)

If you're a mac user who uses their blackberry in "Mass Storage Mode," and you delete files, pictures, video, etc using the regular trash method, you need to actually EMPTY your trash WHILE the device is connected to actually free up the space.

THE FIX:
    Connect your blackberry to your computer, and empty your trash. If for some reason you have something in the trash worth saving, make sure you get it out first..

THE REASON:
    Here is a synopsis based on my own very limited experience with OS X, which may or may not be 100% correct. If the fix above worked for you, then here's the probable cause:

When you delete a file, it goes into a hidden folder ".Trashes" in the root directory of the disk from which the file was deleted. Therefore, if you delete a file on your blackberry, OS X actually CREATES a ".Trashes" folder (again, it's hidden) ON THE BLACKBERRY and puts them there. THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY REMOVED FROM THE DISK UNTIL YOU EMPTY YOUR TRASH.
    If you open your trash (yes, the one right in the OS), you are actually looking at a combined list of all of the ".Trashes" folders that are connected to your computer, including any connected mass storage device (i.e. Blackberry, flash drive, etc).

ADDENDUM:
    If you are a windows user, try setting explorer to show hidden files and folders, and making sure that the recycle bin on your blackberry is empty (if there is one). I am excluding specific instructions for liability sake, as playing with hidden folders in windows can damage your OS if you don't know what you're doing.

I hope this helps somebody!
    09-21-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD