Are there files on the 8130 that can bloat after a period of time? I have noticed that the file free on my phone has been dropping slowly. I went from 23 to 20 with no new installs in the past month.

I have no text, email or MMS message, nothing in my call log, cleaned cache on black berry browser, all my pictures audio and video or stored on the media card. After all that and a battery pull I have seemed to lose 3 Meg's somewhere. I'm also running 4.5.0.77 os. Thoughts?
    10-27-08 06:36 PM
    The Content Store is one OS file that slowly grows over time. It gets reset to its minimum size when you upgrade the OS. You can also reset it by selecting and clearing it using the Advanced Options in Desktop Manager. The Event Log is another file that increases in size, although it is usually not very large. You clear it by Alt-L-G-L-G.
    10-27-08 09:07 PM
    The Content Store is one OS file that slowly grows over time. It gets reset to its minimum size when you upgrade the OS. You can also reset it by selecting and clearing it using the Advanced Options in Desktop Manager. The Event Log is another file that increases in size, although it is usually not very large. You clear it by Alt-L-G-L-G.
    Ok, where do you see advanced options in Desktop Manager. Also what is Alt-L-G-L-G.
    10-28-08 01:58 PM
    Advanced Options is located under the Backup and Restore function in DTM 4.5.

Alt-L-G-L-G means hold down the "Alt" key while sequentially depressing and releasing L G L G. I made a slight mistake in my instruction. You run the Event Log program by AltLGLG. Once it's running, you clear it by Menu / Clear Log.
    10-28-08 02:12 PM
    Please explain how to clear content log with desktop mamager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 02:26 PM
    You can reduce the size of the Content Store to a minimum, but you can't delete it entirely. Among other things, it's the OS's scratchpad memory.

With your BlackBerry connected to Desktop Manager 4.5 (that's the version I have; I can't vouch for the literal keystroke accuracy of the instructions in any other version) select Backup and Restore, then Advanced. Note the "Device Databases" Memory Free value at the top of the right hand listing. Mine shows 16.9M Free. Scroll down the database list until you come to Content Store. Mine shows 37 records. Click on the Content Store. Press the Clear button. Wait. When it's done, mine shows 29 records and the Free Memory value at the top of the listing is 17.6M. So clearing the Content Store freed up 700k. That's worth recovering.
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-28-08 at 02:35 PM. Reason: accidentally submitted post before it was done.
    10-28-08 02:31 PM
    Wow that's a long list in there. Also I could find the Event Log. The list is too long. Does it just say Event Log or is it named differently.
    Last edited by Crackafied; 10-28-08 at 02:51 PM.
    10-28-08 02:42 PM
    Thanks Jeff.........that actually did free up some memory
    12-28-08 04:14 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I will have to try that.
    12-28-08 08:03 PM
    I did it worked great. Just follow what Jeff said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 08:24 PM
    Be careful! I did this too, but I lost all of my pictures on my phone. (it did give me more memory)
    12-31-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD