Just got my BB Pearl today with Verizon. I like this standby feature, but whenever I hold the Mute button, it asks if I want to and tells me how to get back. I then have to scroll up and hit "OK" for the phone to go into standby. Is there any way to change this?

My First Impression: Pearl keyboards suck, Blackberries are so complicated, Suretype sucks as well. So far so good though
    02-17-09 05:19 PM
    Read through this thread it will help you out http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/. Also the thread in my signature will make your phone a lot smoother device. Good luck with the phone.
    02-17-09 05:30 PM
    That reply did not help at all. It does not say anything about pressing OK to go into standby. My phone prompts me to scroll up, depress the trackball to put it into standby. I want to just hold the mute button and let it go automatically. Is there a way to do this?
    02-17-09 06:34 PM
    If you are not fond of the suretype, you can use multitap on your keyboard. When typing a meassage, hit Menu>engage multitap, might be better for you. My wife prefers that option now.

As to the standby issue, not one I'm familiar with on the Pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:06 PM
    Multitap is definintely better. Also I upgraded the OS to the current version and the message asking me to select OK has stopped. Thanks for your help though
    02-17-09 09:09 PM
    i'm not sure about your pearl, but when i hold down the mute button for a few seconds, this pops up:

"entering standby mode. press the mute key again to exit standby mode"

i just leave my phone alone and it goes into standby mode.
    02-17-09 11:00 PM
    i'm not sure about your pearl, but when i hold down the mute button for a few seconds, this pops up:

"entering standby mode. press the mute key again to exit standby mode"

i just leave my phone alone and it goes into standby mode.
    Me too, i've had no problems, my BB isn't even a week old yet, well not for me (it's second hand) and works like a dream, even thinking of buying a brand new one just incase this one breaks down, I couldnt be without it now
    02-18-09 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD