1)I cannot receive my texts, when one is sent the asterisk briefly appears then disapears and i cannot access the message. it will not appear in my message list.

2)I cannot delete emails or texts. Once i ok the delete, the message goes nowhere.

3) When i access the call log a blank screen appears with a prompt to "tye a name or number to make a call"

HELP! all these have came up in the past week and the phone is only a month and a half old. If there is a magic "restore default" option that would be great
    Last edited by rockytop43; 01-27-08 at 03:29 PM.
    01-27-08 03:26 PM
    Have you checked your free memory lately? The disappearing call logs and messages sounds like a memory issue to me. I'm not sure about the emails not deleting. My suggestions are:

1. go to "options", then "status" and check to see how much memory you have available. It will say "File Free"....that should be at several million bytes at least.

2. If it's low, turn off you BB, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds then put it back. A red light will come on and the screen will be dark, then the screen will be white with an hourglass for a couple minutes while it resets. When it's done, go and check your "File Free" again, it should be much higher.

I make a point to do a battery pull at least once per week, it frees up memory that has been unnecessarily tied up. Also any time my BB acts a little funny, a battery pull seems to straighten it right out.

Hope this helps you.
    01-27-08 05:17 PM
    wow!

worked like a charm.

thanks
    01-27-08 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD