My problem is I upgraded my AllTel phone 2 a BB Pearl 8130. The phone is from North Dakota and I now live in Louisiana. When we acctivated the phone here it worked 4 a day then went crazy. So AllTel sent another phone. Something about the buy out w/ Verizon and it won't work down here with our account being up north. Anyways I now have an extra phone that I can't use. Don't want 2 throw it away, but not sure if it can be hooked up at all. Its locked 2 AllTel so can't just sell it 2 just anyone. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 11:00 AM
    do what you want with it. b-day present or anything.
    03-17-09 11:05 AM
    aren't you supposed to send the phones back if it's defective? i thought so... otherwise they'll bill you for it.

check with alltel to be sure.
    03-17-09 11:24 AM
    They said they would send us a new phone at no charge for the aggravation. And I can't use it lb our account being we are in a different market. So now I got a phone I cannot use and don't know what the heck 2 do with lol. Does anyone know if it can even be hooked up again? I had 2 take the battery out cause all it does is show the hourglass 4ever then says app error 523. Should I just chunk it? Hate 2 do that but what are my options?

03-17-09 11:30 AM
    They said they would send us a new phone at no charge for the aggravation. And I can't use it with our account being we are in a different market. So now I got a phone I cannot use and don't know what the heck 2 do with lol. Does anyone know if it can even be hooked up again? I had 2 take the battery out cause all it does is show the hourglass 4ever then says app error 523. Should I just chunk it? Hate 2 do that but what are my options?

03-17-09 11:32 AM
    from my understanding, what they usually mean by "we'll ship you a phone at no charge" means the shipping is free, but you are supposed to return the defective model. someone correct me if i'm wrong... they usually also send a return label...

i don't think you could activate it because i'm guessing alltell wouldn't let you if you called with your esn number. i wouldn't chuck it, just hold on to it just in case.
    03-17-09 12:15 PM
    Save in case anything happens to your device...like having "insurance"
    03-17-09 12:17 PM
    look in the box the new phone came in, if there is a return label under the foam padding, return it within 7 days, otherwise you will be billed the full amount of the phone. there should also be directions of what your supposed to do upon arrival. Im with alltel, and i've done this 4 times already.
    03-17-09 12:52 PM
    well, in the event that you DON'T have to send it in, it's not useless. you can try to unlock it (if it's not internally messed up), then if that works you could sell it to anyone, on any carrier. you can call Alltel and if you're nice enough, they'll give you the unlock code.

also, if that doesn't work and the phone does end up being "trashed", then you could always sell it for parts to some other Pearl user who might need 'em.

just food for thought. but first make sure you don't need to send that bad boy back...
    03-17-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD