Anyone know if you can type the Euro symbol with an American BB?
    03-13-08 06:03 PM
    Is it not on the symbol list? I am not in the US but I have the �, The $ and the � on mine.
    03-13-08 06:08 PM
    No, not there. I'm wondering if I need to add a language besides English. Do you only have English installed on yours?
    03-13-08 06:19 PM
    I have English UK on mine, deleted the rest.

It is possible that there is a key combination you could use and hopefully if someone here knows they will come to your aid.
    03-13-08 06:22 PM
    I've got the same on mine, Hazy..
    03-13-08 06:39 PM
    I've got the same on mine, Hazy..
    Copy cat
    03-13-08 06:41 PM
    I have � and � in mine as well as $ and I'm in the us with all languages deleted except us english. You might have to reset the whole thing and go through the setup wizard. They just don't show up when you hit symbols? What about on the second page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 06:49 PM
    Copy cat
    It's one of my goals in life... I want to be like Hazy
    03-13-08 06:51 PM
    It's one of my goals in life... I want to be like Hazy
    Away with you!!!!
    03-13-08 06:58 PM
    There is a choice - you do not neccessarily have to first hit the symbol key to be able to enter a $ € or �
    On the 8800 at least, the key to activate the speakerphone also has a $ sign on it.

By default it will only type a $ sign, however the default can be changed to also give an instant € or � sign.

Options > Screen/keyboard > Currency Key - then select your chosen default.
    Last edited by Berryman; 03-13-08 at 07:03 PM.
    03-13-08 06:59 PM
    No, not there. I'm wondering if I need to add a language besides English. Do you only have English installed on yours?
    So weird! It's there on my USA Verizon 8130, and I tossed all the language packs.. Can you view it on websites? Are there any other characters that do not display? Try changing your theme..?
    03-13-08 09:12 PM
    So I found that if I change the input languge to UK English that is shows up under symbols. And I found this out by mistake. When I switch back to US English they are gone and the buttons that I would use with UK English are blank with US English. Kinda confusing. Anyway, it works with a few extra keystrokes. Good thing I don't need to type it all the time!
    03-14-08 03:12 AM
    I've noticed that my American Berry is made in Mexico. 8830, go figure!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-08 03:15 AM
    Technically it's a Canadian Berry.

I don't have the Euro symbol on my Pearl either, both the keys where I'm assuming they would be on the list are blank. I just have the English US pack.
    03-14-08 04:06 AM
    Since the UK and US English are in the same language pack you can switch to UK English and find the "hidden" symbols. Just don't forget to switch back or you will find yourself spelling "colour" among other things. :-)
    03-14-08 06:53 PM
    I once was yelled at in school for spelling colour and harbour 'our' in a paper... i've been scarred since!

umm so I'm glad you fixed your problem, but it seems you still have to deal with that glitch?

So the symbols appear when typed, but not in the symbol selection window?
    03-14-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD