I recently bought a BlackBerry Pearl. Then I bought some accessories... a USB Sync and 2nd Battery Charge Cradle (with AC Charger) and the extra battery from Wireless Ground out of CA... however I just tried out the new battery a couple of days ago and when I install it I get a picture of a battery with a solid red line thru it in the center of the screen... what does that mean?

Did I get a fried battery? It was charged fully prior to using... both batteries look identical.

I did do a search but nothing came up...

Thanks,

B.
    01-21-08 11:09 AM
    I can't help, but I can relate. Same thing happened to me with a battery I ordered last week from one of the forums I visit. I'm wondering if these $20 batteries aren't legit given Blackberry is selling them for $40 everywhere else I look. (That and the plastic spacer on the end is too big.)
    01-21-08 12:16 PM
    The same thing happened to me with TWO seperate batteries I bought through the store on this site. Someone on another forum suggested they might have been fakes, but they looked exactly like the battery that came with my phone. Anyway, I finally just had to buy one from Alltel. It cost $60, but atleast it worked....
    01-23-08 03:39 PM
    For the Pearl you have to use a particular battery. On the Curve the battery isa C-S2, I believe the one for the Pearl is C-2M.

Yes, they LOOK the same, but are actually different...
    01-23-08 03:56 PM
    For the Pearl you have to use a particular battery. On the Curve the battery isa C-S2, I believe the one for the Pearl is C-2M.

Yes, they LOOK the same, but are actually different...
    I understand that. I ordered the EXACT battery that is compatible with the Pearl - the C-M2 from the store on this site. It had the exact same markings, etc., as the original. By all appearances it was an OEM battery. But it wouldn't work. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. That one wouldn't work either. So I sent it back again and they gave me a refund.
    01-23-08 04:12 PM
    Yep, I think the reason these are $20 is they are old stock. (In the interest of full disclosure, I bought my bum battery from another site. But funny how it was the same price. I wonder if they got them from the same source.)
    01-25-08 07:35 PM
    i just got in an "OEM" C-M2 battery as well. I I am returning it. Same issues.... Little too long, not a vibriant orange, battery DOA. Got it through different place. The owner of the dealer swears it is legit, but obviously someone in the chain got duped.
    02-01-08 12:35 AM
    I had the same problem but something strange is going on. I have both a GSM Pearl 8100 and a new Verizon 8130. The new batteries work fine in the 8100 but do not work in the Verizon 8130.

Go figure.

I bought mine from a guy on EBAY and have been emailing him for three days telling him that the batteries were NG. He never writes back. Now I tried them in the 8100 and they work fine.... I guess I have to write to him and tell him they are OK.

Greg
    03-21-08 11:50 PM
    I have the same problem, I bought a battery from the TKS which is T-Mobile, and also bought some on Ebay the First one worked for awhile and the others havnt worked yet, What the **** is going on?
    01-06-10 12:44 PM
    In reply to above mentioned problem.

I carried out following procedure.

1 Battery overnight in freezer.

Battery out of freezer. Waited a few hours. Never put a frozen battery in your blackberry

I put the battery in Blackberry and pushed battery tight on the contacts.

I think lastaction the most important thing, because the contacts in the 9500 are spring activated.

I bought the battery for 5 US $ in China. As a spare one.
    With the original battery no problems.

Everything working again.

Best regards, Frans in Belgium
    03-09-11 06:20 AM
    hi guys i doubt this has happenned to anyone else, but i'm gonna post it anyway. i bought a $6 "high capacity" battery (1800mAH) from china. poped it in, connected the charger, got the error screen that showed a battery with the diagonal red line throught it. waited awhile, read this thread, then took it back out. something caught my eye... there was a small, near-transparent piece of cellophane tape COVERING THE BATTERY CONTACTS. i cussed, peeled off the tape, plugged it back in and voila, it charges just fine.

mikewax
    12-06-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD