How often does the email refresh on the BB? Can you change it?
    02-20-08 07:45 PM
    The email is PUSH - so it doesn't really refresh, it gets pushed to your phone. Depending on your email, it may be instant or take up to 30 min to get to you.
    02-20-08 07:49 PM
    aw rats...well thanks for the reply...It's been about 10 mins so far.
    sheesh
    02-20-08 07:54 PM
    RIM did have an outage today. It got better for a while, but I've noticed a big delay again tonight. Hope we're not heading down that road again...
    02-20-08 07:56 PM
    Who do you use for email, Yahoo and Gmail are instant.
    02-20-08 08:09 PM
    if you use BIS it will take approx 15 min for your e-mail to reach you. BIS polls at 15 min intervals. If there is activity (reply) the polling is faster but I am not sure how fast.
    02-20-08 08:31 PM
    Wow....still haven't received email but when I log into my gmail account on computer their are many new emails.

What is BIS?

I have a blackberry email address and a gmail address...that's all and haven't received email from my gmail account to my BB in 1 day.

It is claiming everything is correct passwords etc...who knows?!!!
    02-21-08 09:13 AM
    if you use BIS it will take approx 15 min for your e-mail to reach you. BIS polls at 15 min intervals. If there is activity (reply) the polling is faster but I am not sure how fast.
    This sounds a little wrong to me. There is no polling for new email with BIS email. It's push email. Meaning new email is pushed as soon as possible, usually instantly, to your BB.
    02-21-08 09:51 AM
    BIS is Blackberry Internet Service. It's the service used to get your email to your BB. Here is a link to your BIS site.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    02-21-08 09:52 AM
    Wow....still haven't received email but when I log into my gmail account on computer their are many new emails.

What is BIS?

I have a blackberry email address and a gmail address...that's all and haven't received email from my gmail account to my BB in 1 day.

It is claiming everything is correct passwords etc...who knows?!!!
    BIS & BES - The Differences Explained

Try deleting your gmail account and re-adding it.
    02-21-08 09:52 AM
    God I love you experts on here! You save me so much time. You all seem to know this bb inside and out!

I am going now to try to delete and re-enter gmail. ty I will let you know how it goes
    02-21-08 10:06 AM
    ok all! ok it's working.....Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I would have consulted the pros 1st! Hugs
    02-21-08 10:17 AM
    Back again....*sigh* My email was working...now it's been an hour and I see several emails in my gmail account on the computer and nothing in the same email account on the bb.

I even sent several ringtones and wallpapers from cb and nothing has arrived on bb....but it HAS arrived in my gmail account on computer.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    02-21-08 03:48 PM
    Log back into the BIS site and resend your service books. Maybe that will fix it once and for all.
    02-21-08 04:14 PM
    Thanks Sunkast....going to do that! Fingers crossed!
    02-21-08 04:39 PM
    Crapppppppppppppppp! I resent the service books and still not getting the emails....just an email saying "Congrats you have sucessfully set up email"

I keep sending the wallpaper from this site and still not receiving them on bb. Do you have to save it as 'Device Email'

Not certain what that means
    02-21-08 05:19 PM
    Hmm, well I wonder if you haven't set the email settings on the BIS to not forward email to you device. There are actually a couple ways to do this. The first is when you log into your BIS site and look at what email accounts there are, underneath is a couple of radio boxes that ask if you want to forward email to the device or not. You can also set up a filter for the email address and do the same thing. Just another thing I thought of that you could check.
    02-21-08 05:22 PM
    HELP Sunkast! STILL no email.
    Are you saying to log into the site from my bb or computer ...or does it matter?!
    When i logged in the BIS site, I wasn't certain what radio boxes you were speaking of.

Again thanks for your help
    02-22-08 06:45 AM
    When you log into your carrier's BIS site on your computer you should see a screen that lists what email addresses are added to your BB.

If you click on Filters for the email address you will see at the bottom that is says:

When no filters apply:
    Forward messages to device
    Do not forward messages to device

It could be that you have it set to not forward any email if you do not have a filter set up.

Also, if you click on Add A Filter, it has a similar set up. Here you can set up a filter to either forward or not to forward new mail to your device.

I doubt that you have either of these things done, but it is something that you can check.

My last suggestion would be to call Verizon and ask them. Explain the situation to them. One of the things that strikes me as odd is that when you removed the email address from your BB, then re-added it, it worked for a while and stopped.
    02-22-08 11:28 AM
    Thanks sun!
    02-22-08 03:20 PM
    Tell me this.....
    If you set up your account on the BIS server for your provider and give it all the information ....How exactly does you provider POP server know to PUSH the e-mail to you????

The BIS server checks your provider (ISP) pop server every 15 minutes for mail. if there is mail and you reply the BIS server steps up checking the account. If you are using Gmail it may differ but I don't think so. Unless you use BES or set up your ISP server to send you the mail it is not true push. It may be considered push since RIM servers are actually sending you the email via your ISP.
    02-28-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD