I'm not sure if this is 100% legal, but as far as morals, I think if he deletes the file once he's returned the DVD back to Netflix, he should be ok. If he keeps it, it's 100% illegal, no matter what anyone thinks.

Remember, we live under the rule of law, not the rule of majority.
    I'm not trying to say anything about his morals, but that's a pretty big If.
    01-21-08 12:22 AM
    Guys. I'm not keeping movies. How much space do you think I have. I have not purchased any DVDs either since the beginning of the HD wars.
    It's one and done. Watch and delete. There is nothing wrong with that. I have decided to purchase a program but not sure which one is the best.. Please help me with suggestions. I don't care how much the software cost. When I did A trial I was so pleased. I'm excited it works.
    01-22-08 08:15 AM
    You guys are thread jacking, start another "moral" and "stealing" thread if you want. He is asking about programs to fulfill what he needs. If you dont agree or condone what he is doing dont read/post here.
    01-22-08 08:49 AM
    Michael...
    Maybe ask this in the Media section under Movies.
    I like the one I gave you to link to. Easy to use, and works very well.
    Ultra DVD Ripper - DVD Ripper Software Ripping DVD to AVI DivX MPEG MP4 iPod PSP 3GP
    I got the package deal and got both. It's also the one Bla1ze recommends. videos4blackberry.info | All The New Stuff... | Download, Click, Compatible, Episode, Blackberry
    01-22-08 10:15 AM
    I have purchased both my DVD ripping software and my DVDs (just so everyone knows - lol) I want to "backup" my dvds in a format that will play well on my BlackBerry.

So what bitrate should I set my ripper to?
    What size should I expect the finished video file to be? (.3gp files average length movie)
    03-06-08 07:50 AM
    I have purchased both my DVD ripping software and my DVDs (just so everyone knows - lol) I want to "backup" my dvds in a format that will play well on my BlackBerry.

So what bitrate should I set my ripper to?
    What size should I expect the finished video file to be? (.3gp files average length movie)
    Not sure on bit rate, my dvd ripper is set to high quality, frame rate of 15fps, and a resolution of 320x240.
    Finding Nemo full length but without the fluff, in mp4 format is 326mb.
    03-06-08 07:58 AM
    great thanks for the info - - my ripping software recommends a pretty low bitrate because it says most phones won't play files over 130 mb. Just our of curiousity, do you know what the maximun file size for the BB is? Assuming I have a 8gb sd card could my BB play a file that was really large? (like a 1 GB video) (not that I would ever want to do that but I'm just wondering what the BB can handle)
    03-06-08 08:08 AM
    I really have no idea. Most of the movies I have ripped and converted are anywhere from 200 to 500 meg. I never had any problems running them.
    I have a 2 hour long movie that is only 280mb. So a move that is 1 gig would be pretty long!
    03-06-08 08:12 AM
    Great thanks for all the help. I'm glad to see that I will be able to play videos that are bigger than 130mb - - because they look pretty sad - - - really sad.
    03-06-08 08:16 AM
    Not sure if you have looked through here, but there is a lot of good info that might help you out.

Movies / Videos - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-06-08 08:23 AM
    I've been using Roxio to rip DVDs to my computer. I just use the default settings. To convert it to play on my Blackberry, I use MediaCell Video Encoder (free download). You can specify which Blackberry you have, select the original movie file, and it converts it to the screen size for the Blackberry you have. I recently went on vacation and converted The Prestige and Wild Hogs to watch while in the airport. Full size movie converts down to about 150 - 170 mb each.
    03-06-08 11:49 AM
    I have downloaded the Ultra DVD Ripper, it seems like i'll start, but a second later it stops and gives me the error message "Error Fail to Rip the DVDs". Member No1, can you help? Anyone?
    05-12-08 03:00 PM
    DVD43 will decrypt
    Handbrake will rip and convert
    Both of these are free to download onto your computer and work like a charm! I do not, however, have the settings you would need for a pearl (my baby is a curve). Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 03:55 PM
    Eeeeee.... I'm telling!

I'm 100% sure the makers of Crackberry don't condone this.

But if you really wanted to might try this...
    Ultra DVD Ripper - DVD Ripper Software Ripping DVD to AVI DivX MPEG MP4 iPod PSP 3GP[/URL]

Give it a try first. Only thing is the trial will only let you make a 5 minute video.

Buy them both, that way you can always convert other files you have on your computer.

I went to this site and it mentions 2 programs...Aone DVD & Video to MPEG4 Suite

Why would I want both (I use the Pearl 8110)? Doesnt the ripper rip it in the right format?

Though this sounds do-able for free...

"I've been using Roxio to rip DVDs to my computer. I just use the default settings. To convert it to play on my Blackberry, I use MediaCell Video Encoder (free download). You can specify which Blackberry you have, select the original movie file, and it converts it to the screen size for the Blackberry you have. I recently went on vacation and converted The Prestige and Wild Hogs to watch while in the airport. Full size movie converts down to about 150 - 170 mb each."

Thanks!

Ryan
    03-11-09 01:56 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD