Hello All, I'm new here, if you couldn't tell by the post count/join date. I've been searching around on here (i used the search feature!!) and couldnt find an answer to this question. I tried google as well, but no luck. It may be that I'm wording it wrong, but I'm at a loss.

I'm using my phone as a modem, and I'm trying to download things like the OS so i can have it on my computer (in case i really mess up/want to upgrade, etc). It will get to like 15 MB/ 95 MB and then say download complete. Obviously it's not done, and as such it won't run. I've tried it with firefox and IE 7, and I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I'm not new to computers or smart phones, but i am fairly new to blackberry's and tethering.

I was thinking perhaps getting a download resumer might help, maybe just wait for it to "Stall" out and then resume it, and repeat that until it's done, but that increases the chances of having a corrupt file I would believe.

Any help would be amazing.

And of course, the regular disclaimer here applies about if this is the wrong area, I apologize and give a mod my permission to move this (not that they'd need it anyway).
    08-16-08 07:27 PM
    I'll give you a little tip. Walk into most any of the nicer hotel/motels (Hampton Inn is one) and ask for the "wireless access code".

Most of the time, they will hand you a little card with the password on it. You can then sit either in the lobby or breakfast area and download whatever you want.

Just don't wear out your welcome. That would screw it up for everyone else.
    08-16-08 07:59 PM
    Well, the problem is, I'm on a desktop, so I can't just tote it around with me, Otherwise, I'd use the wifi at work. Believe me, if i had a laptop, i'd be all over that. My options at this point (unless I can get this fixed) is to take my ppc6800 and fix the wifi on that and try to download the stuff, or try to commandeer a work computer and put it on a usb drive. Such a hassle. Of course, half of the issue is me going crazy because I'm not sure what is wrong....drives me nuts.
    08-16-08 08:05 PM
    Sorry. I sometimes forget that not everyone uses a laptop.

Do you have any friends with high-speed internet that could download it for you?
    08-16-08 08:23 PM
    I wish. There is no high speed internet where I'm currently at...well, there's DSL, but everyone I know up here tethers because we can't get into contracts (we do liquidation sales, so we move every few months)
    08-16-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD