hello,
    i deleted BB Maps from my VZW Pearl because i preferred Google Maps, now that VZW has unlocked the internal GPS in the units is there a way i can re-download BB Maps?

I heard about a software Nav4All that i download, but i cannot get this nor Google Maps to work with the internal GPS. Can someone help me configure my internal GPS with use with those software or help me download BB Maps?

Thanks.
    12-06-08 11:08 PM
    You can't download BBMaps. It's installed as part of the OS. If you deleted it, and don't have your OS installed on your PC, you'll have to download your OS, double-click the download to install it, then run the Desktop Manager App Loader to load BBMaps. If you already have your OS installed, just run the App Loader to install it.

Google Maps will have to update their software to work with Verizon's internal GPS. I suspect Nav4All may have the same problem. For now, your options are VZNav and BBMaps.
    12-06-08 11:55 PM
    Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I actually got more than i bargained for with your suggestion to download the OS. I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5! thanks, and i was able to get BB Maps and GPS up and running!
    12-07-08 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD