I love my 8520, but I really like the form factor of the pearl and I think the suretype keyboard, with a bit of getting used to, could be awesome. I was wondering if there's really anything that big that I can't do on the 8120 that I can on my curve? I'm aware it has a lot less memory but all I really do on my phone is txt and facebook. I browse the net occasionally, but I figure its not a big deal to me.

I know the oid pearls won't be getting 5.0, but will new apps that get released continue to work on them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 11:46 AM
    If I'm correct, the 8320 and the 8120 has the same amount of memory; let me check. That's correct. It's basically the same phone. Only the 8330 has more memory then the Pearl. Pearl 81xx 64MB, 8320 64MB, 8330 96MB.

I love my 8130 because of the form factor. It does everything it's suppose to. Never had a problem with it. On Crackberry; I found out the stuff I could delete off the device to gain more memory and I love the SureType. You shouldn't have much of a problem with apps for your 8120 as long as have the memory!!!
    10-10-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but what I wrote wasn't a typo lol. I have the new 8520 curve (the one with the trackpad instead of the trackball) so I was wondering if anyone else made a similiar step down for a device with as much memory and if they regretted it or now. The main reason I want to switch is the form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD