im a newbie obviously and I dowloaded a few ringtones and wallpapers from this site but I don't know thow to transfer them to my phone. I have my phone hooked up with the USB cord to my computer and have downloaded the verizon wireless VZAccess Manager but now Im stuck. Please Help!!
    Thanks!!

Blackberry Pearl 8130

-JB
    03-27-08 10:53 PM
    Do you have Desktop Manager installed?
    03-27-08 10:57 PM
    I must be an ***** but i don't know what a desktop manager is really. I am still in the installation process and it says to install my wireless device. I am hooked up to the USB and I put in the SD adapter Sandisk chip as well but I am not able to click next
    03-27-08 11:31 PM
    Huh? Take the CD that came with your phone and install the programs that are on the CD. Connecting your phone to your computer is in vain unless you have Desktop Manager installed first.
    03-27-08 11:36 PM
    okay, Now I am trying to connect through VZAccess Manager but now it says that I cannot connect because the user name or password is invalid. I haven't created neither one of those.
    03-27-08 11:48 PM
    Forget VZAcess Manager.... You need Desktop Manager. It should be on the CD that came with your phone. If not go to the link below.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D714D603A3AC1F
    03-28-08 12:09 AM
    okay I downloaded it and now im clueless.....
    03-28-08 12:24 PM
    Done, now what.....?
    03-28-08 12:34 PM
    do you have a memory card?
    03-28-08 12:47 PM
    go ahead and install the Desktop Manager software and then connect your BB with the usb cable to the computer. the Desktop Manager will automatically recognize the phone and open up the main Desktop Manager menu with options such as Backup and Restore, Media Manager etc. Click on the Media Manager and that will open up a program called Roxio that will enable you to drag and drop ringtones, pics, mp3's and more to your phone. Kepp checking these forums and the Blackberry forums for more help as well.
    03-28-08 12:52 PM
    one more thing, when you hook up your phone to the computer after having installed the Desktop Manager software, the phone itself will ask if you want to enable it as a sort of external storage/external hard drive usage. if you click on yes that makes it act as an external storage in your computers My Computer windows, so you can also drag and drop files onto your Blackberry that way.
    03-28-08 12:54 PM
    also:

if you want yo can email ringtones directly to your pearl...

open the link in the email

click save...

done.

-db
    03-28-08 12:55 PM
    I see Backup and Restore, Synchronize, Application Loader and Switch Device Wizard, but I don't see Media Manager. I emailed it to my phone so that works but I want to find Media Manager for future use. Thanks
    03-28-08 01:17 PM
    Do you have a media card?
    03-28-08 02:20 PM
    I have 3 different micro chips that I bought with the phone so maybe
    03-28-08 02:34 PM
    Is the media manager just suppose to appear under a category or a link in the desktop manager screen
    03-28-08 10:03 PM
    You aren't making this easy... We're trying to steer you away from having to use media manager. If you have a microSD card for your phone then you don't need media manager. The program is a piece of crap to begin with so if you don't need then let's not worry about it.
    03-28-08 10:20 PM
    You aren't making this easy... We're trying to steer you away from having to use media manager. If you have a microSD card for your phone then you don't need media manager. The program is a piece of crap to begin with so if you don't need then let's not worry about it.
    Yes, media manager is kinda lame and it's alot easier to do most everything with a memory card and your pc recognizing the phone as a mass storage device. So i'd recomend plugging one of those chips you got with the phone, into the phone, do a search for formatting it (very basic), if you got desktop manager installed on your pc, then you've already got the drivers installed also. Just plug into a usb port, it'll ask you what to do, open I believe drive F,
    open the folder you want and drag and drop ringtones, music, movies. It gets very easy after a couple tries.

GL
    '
    03-28-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD