I have over 15 apps and about 10 themes now and every time I say "that is it....Not gonna grab another app...I have enough" I end up finding something else that I need to have! LOL But I am looking for other ways to keep my memory ok. I can stay at 15 most of the time but would like to stay there. I don't mind doing a quick pull occassionally but I don't think that should become a way of life for me!!! I have the BB browser and MediaNet (ATT) browser right now. I was wondering....do I really NEED to keep both? I tend to use the BB one almost always. Any ideas why I would need 2? If not I am probably going to try and get rid of one if it's even possible I don't know. But I was basically just thinking for my memory sake to get rid of one since it's barely ever used. What to you all think?
    03-27-09 10:29 PM
    The two browsers are the least of your concerns. The ten themes
    are extremely problematic though. A single theme takes up a huge
    amount of memory. Ten of them is has got to be chewing up a
    big chunk of real estate. Best bet would be picking the 2 or 3
    you like best and getting the rest off your device. You will recover
    a ton of memory.

And no you cannot delete either browser.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 03-28-09 at 12:36 AM.
    03-28-09 12:33 AM
    I think you're crazy for having too many things ! Haha.
    But I agree with AG.

Try deleting some themes. Narrow it down to the "most" you use.
    And also some apps.
    03-28-09 01:54 AM
    Agreed... drop the themes, you can always put them back on there if you change your mind. As far as browsers, I used to run two separate browsers but eventually found that it was redundant... I always came back to the BlackBerry Browser in the end. So, my vote is to keep the BlackBerry Browser, but at the least, you could do with just one
    03-28-09 02:15 AM
    I wish I could make opera mini the default browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:00 AM
    I only have 3 apps and 1 theme and I thought that was a lot.

03-28-09 11:17 AM
    As everyone else has said, too much stuff bub. However, to answer your question directly, IMO, no you don't need two browsers. Is there really a huge difference between BB and Opera? I don't think so, but that's based on my own usage. I know people on here have said they've found differences. They don't effect my experience. I dumped Opera.
    03-28-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah way too many themes and apps. Do you need two browsers? NO Is it a personal preference to have two? YES If you don't use the other one that often why keep it? The choice is ultimately yours.
    03-28-09 11:40 AM
    The OP is talking about the media net browser and the native BB browser. This is only on AT&T and like AG said you can not deleted either. The to 'opera mini not to opera mini ' is a personal choice.
    03-28-09 11:58 AM
    Ok so I didn't realize that the media net from ATT couldn't be deleted. Is there a way to get rid of the themes or most of the themes that come with the BB? I don't care for any of them.

03-28-09 01:46 PM
    Check my signature, that thread will explain to you how to delete the wanted themes off your BB.
    03-28-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD