I just left the tmobile store where i was upgrading one of my other lines to the BB pearl - also my phone model... The rep said they are ending the pearl soon and pushed hard for me to pick up the curve!

Has anyone heard anything about this? I hate the curve - the pearl was my 1st BB and i love it because its small and easy to use with one hand... no not driving. I see these things everywhere and on lots of shows/movies - would RIM really screw themselves?
    02-25-10 03:03 PM
    This would not be screwing themselves. The Pearl is way overdue, it needs to be shot. The 8520 will be the new entry level berry. After all, they already discontinued the 8900 and that phone was a much newer and much more advanced phone than the pearl. RIM is not losing anything by discontinuing the pearl.
    02-25-10 03:05 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the Pearl WAS a great phone in its time, I had three of them. Now it is a pointless phone. It won't be getting OS updates especially the newest ones. The phone hardware can't even handle the new software(ie webkit browser) and would never be able to run the new software. The stratus is coming and that phone looks to me to be a Pearl on steroids!!!!
    02-25-10 03:08 PM
    They're not discontinuing the Pearl. There's a new one, the 9100 due out soon, and it will blow the current Pearls away. There's plenty of 411 in the future device forum.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 03:11 PM
    I agree it had its short comings.. had both generation pearls - but i hope they can release one at least as small and not a horrible flip model - it fits in my pocket so much easier then a curve. The trackball is troublesome too - being replaced by the new curve method it clean things up.
    02-25-10 03:12 PM

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-25-10 03:16 PM
    The stratus looks awesome if they don't change the form factor it will be a great phone. People who are already using it have a lot of great things to say about the phone.
    02-25-10 03:18 PM

Quit being a forum Nazi, you are not a moderator and the OP wanted to start a thread. Jeeesh, some people lateley just can't let a open forum be OPEN
    02-25-10 03:21 PM
    It does look awesome and another site said Tmobile might have it first... thanks for the info!

cheers
    02-25-10 03:32 PM
    Quit being a forum Nazi, you are not a moderator and the OP wanted to start a thread. Jeeesh, some people lateley just can't let a open forum be OPEN
    In case you didn't notice, the OP appreciated the info. That link was to all he could learn about the 9100. You want to supress my posting, yet call me the Nazi. Nice! How about you either report my posts you find offensive, or PM me about them?

02-25-10 05:31 PM
    Not being disrespectful but Ed (mr wolf) is of Jewish descent. I don't think Nazi is anywhere in his blood.

That being said the 9100 will be a serious phone when it is released.

02-25-10 06:33 PM
    I can't even see where that anger came from or why bbfan. Get a grip, and maybe apologize. Sheesh.

02-25-10 06:50 PM
    81xx is going to be upgraded to the 91xx series. The 82xx series is being discontinued.
    02-25-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD