Ok last week I got a replacement 8120 sent to me from T-mobile due to the trackball not selecting icons. When I recieved the new one I transferred all my info to the new device and downloaded a couple new apps and themes. The new phone is really slow and freezes alot and I'm having to do tons of battery pulls and then today the trackball is not selecting on the replacement as well.......so I call Tec support and the tech informed me that maybe it is due to third party applications on my phone that the trackball isn't selecting and I should run application loader to fix the issues then re-down load the applications. She also suggested that I change my battery because this may be what is making it freeze so much. Now I have never heard or read any of this before so I just wanted to see. I have cleaned under the trackball and its still not working. I did this to the first phone as well. I haven't sent the first phone back yet because my laptop is in the shop so I haven't wiped it yet...so if I could fix the problem on my original phone I'll just send the replacement back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    07-29-09 07:47 AM
    bump..........
    07-29-09 09:07 AM
    So, did you delete any apps/themes?
    07-29-09 09:25 AM
    not yet I'm at work will do when I get home...I have to go all day with no ability to use my phone. I'm sick...omg
    07-29-09 09:32 AM
    You can delete apps/themes without a computer.
    07-29-09 09:50 AM
    well if you've cleaned the trackball it sounds like maybe the themes/apps are causing strain on the memory and/or the ability to use the trackball. this all depends on how many 3rd party apps and themes you have. you might want to try cleaning up the memory if you can get the trackball working again.

im also not sure if the memory effects the trackball but seems like it could.
    07-29-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD