Yeah, when I start dialing a phone number, it dials letters instead of numbers. This is for my mom's phone, and she is on a business trip so I can't fix it for her by fiddling with her phone This happened to me before, but I fixed it somehow and I don't remember how I did it...... How do I get number dialing back?
    Last edited by abyssalspecter93; 11-10-08 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Forgot last sentence
    11-10-08 05:51 PM
    you figure this out? My wife's curve started doing this and nothing so far has helped. Tried soft reset, battery pull, etc..

Only thing that has helped is to remove the sim card and insert it in her Motorola phone. THEN you can call any number you like.

Curve is serving as paperweight.
    11-12-08 09:14 AM
    11-12-08 09:15 AM
    That thread is about the ability to dial letters when needed. What I am having trouble with is the INABILITY to dial numbers period.

Ideally, I would like to be able to dial any phone number I want from the home screen or the phone screen. However, after the first number, all are entered as letters. Try to dial 8, you get X. Etc, etc..

Have not been able to figure out how to stop it since a battery pull did not work.
    11-12-08 10:55 AM
    8320 this is how i did it.
    Go to phone option, general option,go down to "dial From Home screen", change from NO to yes
    11-12-08 11:22 AM
    Mine already says yes there. Doesnt matter, the phone enters letters in the dialing window whether you started from the home screen or the phone screen.

Funny thing is, this was my phone for a while before I got another and gave this one to my wife. I never had this problem.
    11-12-08 12:41 PM
    The only way I got out of this was a battery pull. My son was playing with it.
    11-12-08 03:07 PM
    I think it tries to dial out of your address book first. Drives me nuts when I want to fire off a number that's not in there and it keeps trying to find the name in my address book...

any workaround for this?
    11-12-08 04:10 PM
    Mine already says yes there. Doesnt matter, the phone enters letters in the dialing window whether you started from the home screen or the phone screen.

Funny thing is, this was my phone for a while before I got another and gave this one to my wife. I never had this problem.
    Sounds like you need to take the 'paper weight' back to T-mob for a replacement. I don't think anyone on here knows how to remedy this prob. Good luck.
    11-12-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD