I use my Desktop redicrector for emails that come in to my outlook (exchange server). today I noticed I didn't get any emails on my device. the Redirector indicated I had 11 messages pending. Why are these messages being held up? I cannot send emails out on the device either. I know that my desksotp outlook is working ok. On my device, the browser works and my network icon is on (1XEV)

any suggestions on how I can get the desktop redicrector program to push the mail out?

Jeff
    03-18-08 09:15 AM
    Well I am currently not using Redirector but have used it in the past. I recommend plugging your device back in. Then on the Desktop manager go to Email settings or Redirector ( not sure on the software version you have ). Then go to security and you should see an option in there to Generate keys. Select manually. After you generate the key select apply at the bottom of the screen. Do this 2 times in a row. Then unplug your device and wait. Then the emails should start pushing through.
    03-18-08 10:51 AM
    I went to my carrier's blackberry website and entered an outlook web (owa) info and got my email syncing that way. Is there any advantage of using the redirector vs. the online setup using owa? It seems to work pretty slick as I can use several OWA accounts I have.
    03-18-08 11:01 AM
    I not sure what happen with my redirector, but it did start working agian. I did the usaul re-boot deskstop and power on/off device. short story its back up and running. next time I will try re-generating key as reccommeded. Thank you.
    the desktop manager Redirector seems to work pretty good. it takes all the mail from my outlook inbox and sends it to the device, almost intaneously, and vise versa. one downfall is I have to leave my computer turned "on" and the Redirector running when I'm away form the office. to keep others at the office from getting on my machine I use the screen saver password option on Win XP.
    03-18-08 11:25 AM
    it happened again this afternoon. I regenerated the key twice like... no luck. any other suggestions?
    03-18-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD