Upgrading to the newest OS for alltel 8130, and see that good advice is to delete old the OS. How do I confirm it's deleted/delete the actual OS? any help would be appreciated
    09-10-09 11:51 PM
    Upgrading to the newest OS for alltel 8130, and see that good advice is to delete old the OS. How do I confirm it's deleted/delete the actual OS? any help would be appreciated
    I suggest you read the BB101 Lecture Series. There is a lecture on OS upgrading/downgrading procedures as well as many threads in the forums. My advice is to read as much as you can to learn the proper steps and procedures before you start to mess around with OS swaps.

Spend the time to read through those lectures as it is a wealth of information and will make you more knowledgeable in your device and BBs in general.
    09-11-09 12:03 AM
    Are you referring to making sure it is deleted from your PC? If so you can check by going to Start Menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Look for the program "Blackberry Device Software v4.5.0 for the Blackberry Smartphone 8130". If you do not see it then the OS is not installed on your PC. If it is there uninstall it; there should be a button that says "Remove" or "Uninstall". Then proceed with installing the newer OS and the upgrade.
    09-11-09 03:59 AM
    Are you referring to making sure it is deleted from your PC?
    Actually you don't need to remove the old OS from your PC before installing a new one. I have about 10 on my PC... Use Crackmem to facilitate the install and simply choose the one you want to upgrade (or downgrade) to...
    09-11-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD