Background:

I do not have Blackberry Enterprise ServerI have 2 email accounts setup on my Blackberry Pearl 8130:

1 personal Yahoo account and 1 work account

Everything works fine, I receive email for both accounts, all is good. Except that I get 200+ emails a day on my work account!I do not want to go in and delete work emails one by one or in groups The lowest number of days I can choose to choose in General Options -> Keep Messages is 15 days (and it looks like that is an overall setting, I would like 2 days for my work account and 3 months for my personal account which is a whole other question)

So, I deleted my work account from the Email Settings thinking that all emails linked to the work email account would �go away�, then I will just recreate the account later. BUT all the emails are still in the Messages area, all 1500+ work emails that I want to get rid of.

Question:How can I, without going 1 by 1 or in groups of emails, have all the emails in the Messages area deleted that are for a specific email account?I do want and need to keep my personal email on my phone so I can�t just in and �Delete Prior� as it will delete my personal emails that I need to keep on my phone

Any thoughts?

Or does it matter if at some point I end up with 10K emails? I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    02-23-09 11:08 PM
    Sounds like your e-mails are combined in your "messages" folder. What you'll need to do is find the icons (bb menu - show all) and find the WORK E-MAIL ICON and then access those e-mails. From there you can "Delete prior" without affecting your personal e-mail.

Keep me posted!
    02-24-09 08:52 AM
    This worked. Thanks!

Just a note if somebody else reads this, for the delete prior option to show up you have to be on the date header. The delete prior seems to be from a date. Not an email within a day and all prior.
    02-24-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD